Origin coverage

• how bad was it.
    i knew 9 was bad, but wow.
    give urselves an uppercut.

• Banned

that was terrible coverage. fell asleep. missed the fight. i’m pissed.

• a billion news channels were covering the politics… 7:30 means fken origin and that’s it u morons

gee i respect locky as a player but gtfo of my tv.

• I have been hoping 9 would go totally bankrupt for years as they have treated there viewers as garbage for decades. How in 2013 can a major network present it’s sports coverage in standard digital and not HD , this alone shows the contempt they have for there viewers .

• Spider cam is useless. All it did was actually block the camera trying to show a big play up high. All that just so we can get a 1 sec arial shot of a scum being packed.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Banned

yeah and it costs like 50k per game or something ridiculous like that. it would have been cool if they showed the merrit rush in to cause the boyd try on the spider cam, but alas, no dice.

• @Snake:

I have been hoping 9 would go totally bankrupt for years as they have treated there viewers as garbage for decades. How in 2013 can a major network present it’s sports coverage in standard digital and not HD , this alone shows the contempt they have for there viewers .

I couldn’t agree more. they get 3 games a week. All standard bloody definition and only 1 game played live. Meanwhile, on their HD channel GEM they are televising the politics shit in HD. Sorry, but Gillard and Rudd are not pretty enough for HD. Ridiculous. That said, they still managed to squeeze that feret Waterhouse in there plenty of times.

• Spider Cam was useless, they dont seem to use it properly.

• I have no confidence in Ch9 and their ability to nurture the game in the future. For them all they see is a ratings winner. They don’t care about the game, it’s stakeholders or the fans. All they see is the money they can make from the country’s number 1 television product. Dave Gyngell, the moron, said as much over the weekend when he said he didn’t bid for the league WC rights because there was no money to make from it. How about the fans dumb ole’ dave??? Last night Ch.9 showed their true colours. They could have easily have moved one of the two events to GEM and given full coverage of the league. But no. They botched it terribly! Sure it, it was only the pre game but its execution was woeful.

• I don’t care so much about pre-game. All that encapsulates is Rabs and Gould pulling each other off whilst spewing hyperbole. The coverage itself was average and that Spidercam thing is absolutely useless. Doesn’t show anything of value and they don’t use it enough to justify it’s existence IMO.

• @tigerbalm:

Spider cam is useless. All it did was actually block the camera trying to show a big play up high. All that just so we can get a 1 sec arial shot of a scum being packed.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

the amount of time that spider am gets in a shot is ridiculous and bloody annoying

The fans want games in HD and we get spider cam

The reason spider am doesn’t work is they don’t get time to use it in live games

your flat out getting a chance to see any replays of anything unless they go to the video ref

• I also can’t stand the amount of commercials they show & it’s meant to be a live Origin match -_-

• Pretty ordinary and that’s me being nice.

• Showing games on tape delay might have been ok in the 1970s, but in 2013 it’s just embarrassing.

Recent Topics