Suspensions in Rep Football

• I for one are amazed that the NRL clubs haven’t got together and said if you get suspended in rep football you serve your time in rep football games and not NRL matches.

In soccer internationals if you get banned for something whilst playing for your national team you serve you time in international games. The big soccer clubs of the world would not put up with losing players because they were banned playing for their national teams. They would simply not release them if that was the case. I am surprised that NRL clubs have not said the same thing why should a NRL side suffer if there player is suspended playing rep footy?

• I disagree. If you go out into State of Origin and belt someone you should be punished the same as in a club game.
    Nothing changes with what the player did, still their fault for doing something stupid

• @Sabre:

I disagree. If you go out into State of Origin and belt someone you should be punished the same as in a club game.
    Nothing changes with what the player did, still their fault for doing something stupid

You have a good point. I am just saying if I was in charge of a NRL club I would not want my players to miss NRL matches because of what happens in reo footy. The point I was making is the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc would not release their players for any rep soccer matches if they could be banned from club matches for what they did in the rep soccer matches. The clubs pay they wages for the players and if I was in charge of a NRL side I would not release my players for rep matches if they could be banned for NRL matches.

Recent Topics