Buchanans best game to date ??

Rreally impressed me tonight , seems to be getting some leg drive and worked hard when he got his chance

best game in Tigers colours in my opinion

I think he has been good all year , well Newcastle game they were all ordinary lol .still only a kid and potter isn’t over playing him at this stage .

he was amazing. went forward and tackled hard

He was solid tonight, makes for a perfect interchange with Sue IMO.

I reckon next year our forward pack and bench should look something like:

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. BMM
12. Sirro
13. Sue

14. Taupau
15. Buchanan
16. Blair
17. Take your pick from the backrowers

Bmm isn’t a walk up starter .

@1/4 chicken:

Yes he is

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Was very solid tonight and is still a baby , awesome work from the kid.

@1/4 chicken:

Maybe not this year, but this kid has plenty of improvement left in him and just needs to back his ability more. That forward pack offers good size and go forward though.

@foreveratiger:

Was very solid tonight and is still a baby , awesome work from the kid.

Buchanan and the rest of our youngsters - there is going to be a lot to look forward to.

Can’t agree , his game has gone backward. From last season ,but I hope I’m wrong and your right .

I thought the same, was very close to a break out game for him. He was in the groove, and didnt look like he was doing it tough. Good on the bloke, got to be happy for him

@willow:

@1/4 chicken:

Maybe not this year, but this kid has plenty of improvement left in him and just needs to back his ability more. That forward pack offers good size and go forward though.

Still think we are playing him too tight in attack , but maybe this a ploy by Potter to increase his workload

he will far more valuable once he gets wider and he uses his strength and speed

still not convinced he can pull down a starting spot

Got shifted to lock at stages last night and was very good there

@willow:

He was solid tonight, makes for a perfect interchange with Sue IMO.

I reckon next year our forward pack and bench should look something like:

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. BMM
12. Sirro
13. Sue

14. Taupau
15. Buchanan
16. Blair
17. Take your pick from the backrowers

I couldn’t get rid of Fulton and I think Lawrence could end up in the backrow as well. Blair is also now really performing and I’m not sure where to play him with regards to off the bench or starting.

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Lawrence
12. Fulton
13. Sue

14. BMM – has to play as a prop replacement.
15. Blair – has to play as a prop replacement.
16. Buchanan – replacement with Sue however this role could go to lots of players including Bell.
17. Reddy/Ayshford/Pettybourne/whoever can slot into the backrow.

I’d play Siro in the 6 role for a while yet. I’d be inclined to have two wider running backrowers and basically 3 guys getting regularly interchanged and hitting it up the guts.

I’d love to see BMM turn into a great hole running backrower but he consistently looks great at prop and terrible on the edges.

I think Pottsy is doing a good job trying not to wear out Buchanan. Played good last night, but I was more impressed by his efforts last week when he stepped up and made 140m when Woods was out.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.