Keith Lulia signs for 2014

Keith Lulia has SIGNED with @Wests_Tigers for the 2014 season #NRL #ItsMyLife

Why in the hell do we need another centre?

aaaaahhh not sure about this.

potter probably saw something in him from the bradford days maybe- i dont see why we need a centre with so many outside backs in the club even after releasing ayshford and possibly moltzen.

two of koro, reddy, brien and mr.t wont be re-signed next year

in saying that, he’s much younger than i thought. thought he would be close to 30 but is 26

Well Big T is under contract for next year and Lulia is a better talent then Brien and as per the next phase Koro has extended.

It makes sense to bring in experience and Keith is a real professional to boot

i dont see what he has that reddy doesnt

good luck to him here.

Interesting signing. I can’t say I’ve seen much of him but Potter clearly thinks his experience is required.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

@tig_prmz:

good luck to him here.

A superior bottom line figure I would guess.

For me 2014 is about having guys across the NRL, NSW Cup & NYC sides who can just step straight in for an injury. Depth and experience in our depth will be crucial

Anybody remember this?

@smeghead:

@tig_prmz:

good luck to him here.

A superior bottom line figure I would guess.

For me 2014 is about having guys across the NRL, NSW Cup & NYC sides who can just step straight in for an injury. Depth and experience in our depth will be crucial

yep
always been a huge gap in experience outside the top 17 which meant the same old players swapped around to cover injuries,and no pressure on the starters.

Could be a handy signing, So now it looks like we are letting go, Ayshford, Marshall, Pettybourne, Utai, Lotti, Moltzen, Reddy there must be big doubts on keeping him & also Groat & we have already let Miller go. We must have some money left in the cap now, anyone else agree.

I think this is a bit of a meh signing much the same as Thopson and Pettybourne last season,
Lulia plays a bit of back row from memory it’s hard to see where he fits depth perhaps or this is further sign that Lawrence will be shifted to the back row.

I’ll trust Potter’s judgement on Keith. Played under him at Bradford so he knows him well. With Ayshford and Marshall gone, plus massive doubts over Utai, Tuqiri and Moltzen, i see the sense in adding a 26yr old back to the team. we do look light for experience. Only Lawrence and Richards have any significant experience, so from a squad perspective it makes sense. Doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed a spot in the 13 though.

Another back we didn’t need.

Richards has been going well in SuperLeague too, but again, we didn’t need him.

Why release Ayshford and then sign two blokes to replace him?

I’d like a dominant Prop and a a dominant back rower first

and some halfback depth, either to be 7 at the start of the year, or as back up to Brooks.

@madunit:

Another back we didn’t need.

Richards has been going well in SuperLeague too, but again, we didn’t need him.

Why release Ayshford and then sign two blokes to replace him?

I’d like a dominant Prop and a a dominant back rower first

and some halfback depth, either to be 7 at the start of the year, or as back up to Brooks.

2 blokes 1 below average 1 above average is better then 1 average bloke.

we made the mistake by giving away 3 for Blair.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.