"That really grinds my gears"

• @innsaneink:

@foreveratiger:

@VanillaThunder:

Read something like this on the League Live App; got back from Bali on the Sunday, met with Tauber 4pm Monday and found out the deadline was 3 hours later. All seems like a bit of BS to me, a bit of a cover up for the fact that he simply doesn’t want to be there any more. I don’t doubt his contributions to the club over his career, but there’s no way in hell a professional sports organisation would give a marquee player 3 hours to decide. Seems to be trying to play the sympathy card and tar us on the way out, poor form Bungee.

Exactly , his a has been , his FINISHED…… the best thing that could of happened to the Tigers is him leaving and I really mean that.
    If he would of signed the extension of $2.1 million everyone on here would of been jumping up and down how this could be with his form being so bad for so long etc. and because of the extension we have lost such and such Junior to another club.
    So let’s move on and cherish the memories that he has given us all.
    P.S he is no hope for the All Blacks.

He’s - ‘he is’ abbreviated.

He is finished
    He is a has been

He’s

His

different

Ink pointed this out in another thread,
    It is a pet hate of mine.

Also when people say “I bought it offline”
    When they mean they bought if ONLINE.

Whats some things people do that annoy you?
    I’m sure more will come to me also.

• Solely in forums?

I hate unnecessary use of apostrophes (for instance: "The Wests Tiger’s are great)

People spelling Farah’s name as Farrah.

Incorrect use of There/Their/They’re and Your/You’re

And a whole multitude of other things…

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• @Stripes96:

Solely in forums?

I hate unnecessary use of apostrophes (for instance: "The Wests Tiger’s are great)

It’s auto correct

• I hate it when people spell the word lose as loose. ‘‘I think the Tigers are going to loose this weekend’’. Its become so common place to spell it like that these days that i’ve even found myself doing it and have had to correct myself.

People who pronounce the word ask as aks (people actually do that)

And anyone who calls Jamie Lyon ‘‘Jamie Lyons’’, Jarryd Hayne ‘‘Jarryd Haynes’’ and call the Storm the ‘‘Storms’’

• @Stripes96:

Solely in forums?

I’ve seen people spell Tim Sheens name ‘‘Tim Sheen’s’’

Who the bloody hell as an apostrophe in their name, unless they are European.

• @GNR4LIFE:

I hate it when people spell the word lose as loose. ‘‘I think the Tigers are going to loose this weekend’’. Its become so common place to spell it like that these days that i’ve even found myself doing it and have had to correct myself.

People who pronounce the word ask as aks (people actually do that)

And anyone who calls Jamie Lyon ‘‘Jamie Lyons’’, Jarryd Hayne ‘‘Jarryd Haynes’’ and call the Storm the ‘‘Storms’’

Oh yeah I hate aks…i aksed you a question…lol.

• I hate it when people say “youse” as in you all. Like “are youse going to the shops” rather than “are you all going to the shop”

• People who use the term ‘‘braa’’ like bro. ‘‘Hows it goin braa’’

• Big deal , seriously !!! some people abbreviate don’t mean there dumb.
    So if someone is walking past you on the street and say " G’day mate" are you going to pull them up and lecture them and say it’s not "G’day mate " it is “Hello how are you today” , Seriously get a grip….
    You can tell the Tigers are doing bad on the field , with these kinds of threads .
    Have I missed a full stop somewhere Demps?

• @foreveratiger:

Big deal , seriously !!! some people abbreviate don’t mean there dumb.
    So if someone is walking past you on the street and say " G’day mate" are you going to pull them up and lecture them and say it’s not "G’day mate " it is “Hello how are you today” , Seriously get a grip….
    You can tell the Tigers are doing bad on the field , with these kinds of threads .
    Have I missed a full stop somewhere Demps?

Actually no, cos ‘‘G’day’’ is short for good day not "Hello how are you today’’. So you’d be wrong.

• Banned

when people make fantasy teams on the forum

• Banned

@WestsSupporter:

when people make fantasy teams on the forum

Yeah that drives me mad.

• People using an ellipsis to indicate a pause in prose rather than omitted text.

And people saying “hence why”. If you don’t understand the correct application of a word, don’t use it.

• Haha as soon as I saw the thread title I was thinking his/he’s is my pet hate.

I’d have to go with when people leave out the last s in ‘Wests Tigers’ and just say West Tigers, even the TAB does it.

• People who think language is set in stone and doesn’t change and evolve over time.

Usage is the final arbiter of these things.

Example.

100 years ago Ejaculate meant to exclaim. “He ejaculated loudly from his 2nd storey window” .

and people who get annoyed at words like “Chillax”, Portmanteau between chill and relax, who will happily go on and use words like ‘Meld’ which is a Portmanteau of melt and weld.

Recent Topics