David Gower

Should we bring him home? He’s had a slog at Manly where he would have learned a lot. He’s an old head. He’d cost nothing. My understanding is that he had a huge issue with Sheens and co and they’re all leaving. He started off pretty poorly at Manly but throughout the season has got his act together. His best performances are his most recent which is a good indication that his real best performances are in front of him. He is unsigned for next year. He plays prop and second row which we could very much use. Did I mention he’d cost nothing?

If we have some cap space left and nobody left to spend it on I’d be looking at him.

Meh

We’ve got better

Pass

I think it would be nice to have a guy who is a clubman, who is experienced but not north of 30 to go with all the forwards we have under 23 years old.

I would definitely bring him back.
Has the potential to be very good for us.

He loved the tigers too.

He’s nothing special.

One of the names people used to cry about not getting a start during our peak of 2010 and despite many people saying we would regret it, we haven’t and still aren’t.

Next

Second row backup and would be a handy buy.

He finally seems to have developed the work ethic, the lack of that next level effort cost him IMHO.

He will stay at Manly though

there are loads of blokes just like him already in our system with more upside.

If we bring back Gower we may as well get Cashmere too…pretty much level in ability. No thanks to Gower, we have better.
All the hype over Gower in the lower grades never really came to fruition in the top grade as is quite often the case with reggies superstars.

@Fade To Black:

If we bring back Gower we may as well get Cashmere too…pretty much level in ability. No thanks to Gower, we have better.
All the hype over Gower in the lower grades never really came to fruition in the top grade as is quite often the case with reggies superstars.

Thankfully Simona was an exception to this rule, he dominated in reggies and is now proving his worth in FG.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme