Prince announces retirement

http://www.nrl.com/scott-prince-to-end-long-nrl-career/tabid/10874/newsid/74254/default.aspx

Former Test and Queensland halfback Scott Prince has announced he will retire at the end of Brisbane’s NRL season.

After playing for four clubs over 16 seasons, plus representing Queensland and Australia, Prince says this is the right time to hang up his boots.

The 33-year-old started his career with the North Queensland Cowboys in 1998 and has had had two short stints with the Broncos as well as making his name with Wests Tigers and the Gold Coast Titans.

It was at the Tigers, partnering Benji Marshall in the halves, where Prince achieved his NRL highlight, steering the team to the 2005 NRL premiership.

“It’s been an incredible, massive journey and one I’ve been very honoured and proud to take part in,” Prince said.

“Now is the right time and I’ve done all I can accomplish on the field.”

our only premiership winning captain. i will always remember him as the guy who was always there when someone makes a break in support play with an amazing sense of where to be at the right time.

YE BRA !

Lote Tuquri has been advised today by Wests tigers that he is unlikely to be offered a contract for 2014.

He should have retired 2-3 years ago, he’s been rubbish for a while.

Thanks for the memories Princey.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

He was great with us but I wish he wasn’t the premiership winning captain.
The way he left us showed no loyalty whatsoever.

I wonder if the NRL will try and associate him with Marshall in some way at the GF ‘leaving or retiring players’ ceremony they’ve had for the past couple of years given the pairs heroics in '05.

it would a fitting way to send them both off IMO.

@ball main:

How you turd? Everybody has fuckin reason was a very good captain how disrespectful to sau

@Anonymous:

@ball main:

How you turd? Everybody has fuckin reason was a very good captain how disrespectful to sau

Thats my opinion you little weasel. Sorry for offending your boyfriend.

Too heavy here Im out . -the tough kids are still up

Thanks for the memories Princey

Well i just read the article and funny enough i felt sad. I was angry for a while when he left us and the way he took off too but thats doesnt undo all the good he did to help us win 2005. After all he was missing his family and the first chance he got to come home he joined Titans and left us- thats fair nuff.

Both Benji and Prince leaving NRL - Oh what memories they leave behind on the footage reels of 2005 and the parts they played to get us the trophy.

@ball main:

@Anonymous:

@ball main:

How you turd? Everybody has [automatically edited] reason was a very good captain how disrespectful to sau

Thats my opinion you little weasel. Sorry for offending your boyfriend.
😛 :roll

Ever since he left us, I have always had a soft spot for Princey …… I hope to be at a 2005 Premiership reunion one day so I can talk to him again. Good luck and thanks for the great joy and happiness you gave me while you were at the Tigers :slight_smile:

I ran into princey in Vegas last year . I was on my honeymoon he was on the titans trip away still didn’t stop him from havin a photo and a chat . What a legend

I hope he goes out a winner in his final match.

Congratulations Princey on a wonderful career.
Great to see you go out a winner.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme