Ben Barba

If the allegations against Ben are true, what does it mean for him and the broncos?

If it is proven to have occurred, the NRL has no alternative than to ban him for a year in order to maintain consistency (rob lui).

Violence against women is disgusting and I hope (if proven) that the law comes down harder on him than it did on Lui.

Thoughts?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Memory is failing me, thought Lui was banned for a year but he wasn’t.

this is really wierd… apparently this was a year ago.

at the bulldogs, nothing happens. but as he is leaving the bulldogs- all of a sudden the NRL is looking into it.

it’s probably jsut my bulldog hatred saying this but did the bulldogs somehow stop the NRL from investigating before?

I thought it happened in February this year with “gambling” being the cover up.

@Blake93:

I thought it happened in February this year with “gambling” being the cover up.

Thats my understanding. The gambling and drinking excuse always sounded like crap to me. I thought it may have been a cover up for possible drug taking but this makes as much sense.

@Blake93:

He was banned for the majority of 2012, although he got a few games in at the start of the year before he plead guilty.

He was banned after the second incident not the first.

The issue with me with this news is that apparently she asked the Bulldogs officials if she reported it to the police would he be able to play football again. The Bulldogs said No.

If this is true, that person(s) should never be allowed to work in football again.

I should also note that it appears the Bulldogs have committed a criminal offence in failing to report a crime.

He’s off to the Broncs now so someone at the Bulldogs conveniently leaked the true story

Pissing me off how the minority of dropkicks in the game regulalrly get all the headlines and bring the game down

Good news doesnt sell I guess

Feel sorry for the broncos. Surely the bulldogs/barba/barba’s agent can be held accountable for withholding information.

@Blake93:

Pretty sure Lui was banned for 12 months.

If Barba is guilty of this I hope they throw the book at him. The woman has never gone public with the allegation and is only now being encouraged to speak out about it, so she is not just someone looking for publicity or whatever. She probably thought there was no point saying anything, as assault allegations filed against football players are nearly always dismissed, sadly.

@Flippedy:

@Blake93:

Pretty sure Lui was banned for 12 months.

If Barba is guilty of this I hope they throw the book at him. The woman has never gone public with the allegation and is only now being encouraged to speak out about it, so she is not just someone looking for publicity or whatever. She probably thought there was no point saying anything, as assault allegations filed against football players are nearly always dismissed, sadly.

If the media reports are true, Hasler and Greenburg reportedly encouraged her to report it to police, at one point offering to drive her. She declined.

Which brings me to another issue, the NRL statement says they had not seen the picture nor heard of the assault allegations until now……EXCEPT Todd Greenburg works for the NRL so how is this possible?

The timing has me wondering if has been leaked now not only because Barba is just about off the leash, but more importantly, Greenberg is now out of the kennel.

As far as the player goes, a precedent has been set for such abhorring acts.

If true Hasler and Greenberg could be in serious trouble for failing to report a serious criminal offence, which assault causing actual bodily harm is.

It is really important that the police pursue to this as failing to report such crimes is a social and community problem.

Its made worse that they misled the girl by saying he wouldnt play again if she reported him. There was no basis for making such a statement.

@southerntiger:

If true Hasler and Greenberg could be in serious trouble for failing to report a serious criminal offence, which assault causing actual bodily harm is.

It is really important that the police pursue to this as failing to report such crimes is a social and community problem.

Its made worse that they misled the girl by saying he wouldnt play again if she reported him. There was no basis for making such a statement.

True they might be in big trouble what a dirty club they are tbh.

@southerntiger:

The basis would have been that the dogs would have stood him down if police were involved, which of course they should have been. IMO someone in the kennel has a gripe with their ex CEO and can now come out as the club is somewhat shielded.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme