CHEQUE BOOK OPEN OR CLOSED

Do we close our chq book for 2014 or is it still open , i would hope its closed and we wait and see how the young guys step up and the few we have purchesed see how they go

I’m no expert, but it may well depend on how many players are gone before next year (Anasta, Bell etc.). Even if some money is freed up, I doubt it will be a fortune.

I think our cheques may bounce……

Mate, I think it is open,
But we now have the luxury of sitting back and picking a player we really want, filling a weakness in the team, rater them just depth signings.

This probably wont be know until halfway through next season.

However in the mean time the right player for the right price, and who knows.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Apparently with Benji heading off, we have gone from a few hundred thousand over the cap, to a few hundred under for 2014.

I don’t mind keeping an eye out for any bargain buys before the mid season cuttoff, but other than that I’d like to get on top of any backloaded contracts we have, get us ahead of the 8 ball for once.

We should just keep the money ready for a big signing next year and mabe someone will ask for a release during the 2014 season and we buy a mid season recruit.

Yea, agreed. let’s grab a good player. I’d much rather a matt scott than 4 Matt Bells.

Its a bit of a gamble to just hope a name player is released before the mid season cut off, and is in a position we need, and it willing to play for us, and no other teams are interested enough to put in a bigger bid.

Anybody worth their salt is already signed for 2014, so you are basically looking at either idiots like Fergo/Dugan who are fired, people who want out of clubs like Warriors/Brisbane/Cowboys/England back to Sydney for family reasons….or more likely are those older injury prone players at the end of their career looking for a swansong.

I think its a definite close.With a definite open for 2015.Lets see these young guys grow with potter and we will have a better Idea a year from now.

It should always be open for the right player at the right price.

You could have 10 cheque books but which decent player would want to step foot in this joint???

Our ceo already said we have 1 million to spend for the 2015 season we should keep the money for then. There will be big names off contract to sign.

@crusader:

You could have 10 cheque books but which decent player would want to step foot in this joint???

Very true, when our Ceo says we have the worst facilities in the comp you know we have a problem.

Let’s get that fixed up in the off season and in 2014 and make a play for a solid player once we arent at the bottom of the barrell.

Really explains the lack of big super star talent we have signed. I guess Lote and Adam Blair would be the only massive signings we’ve had (obviously blair hasn’t lived upto his price tag).

Missing out on Luke Lewis and other players like him has always been a big loss.

@crusader:

Wait and see we will be a force in the future with the young guns we have and start recruiting big names.

@pHyR3:

@crusader:

Very true, when our Ceo says we have the worst facilities in the comp you know we have a problem.

Let’s get that fixed up in the off season and in 2014 and make a play for a solid player once we arent at the bottom of the barrell.

Really explains the lack of big super star talent we have signed. I guess Lote and Adam Blair would be the only massive signings we’ve had (obviously blair hasn’t lived upto his price tag).

Missing out on Luke Lewis and other players like him has always been a big loss.

Well Luke Lewis was over the line but changed his mind the next day.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme