Robbie Farah named in Kangaroos train-on squad

Courtesy of the official Wests Tigers website:

Wests Tigers

Monday 9 September 2013 1:15 PM

The Australian Rugby League Commission has today named 18 players in the Holden Kangaroos’ World Cup train-on squad.

Wests Tigers hooker and captain Robbie Farah is one of the 18 players named. He is the only Wests Tigers player in the train-on squad.

Players from the train-on squad will also be selected to represent the Prime Minister’s XIII team to play Papua New Guinea in Kokopo on Sunday, September 29.

The Holden Kangaroos / Prime Minister’s XIII train-on squad is:
Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos)
Ben Hannant (Brisbane Broncos)
Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
Brett Morris (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
Jarrod Crocker (Canberra Raiders)
Josh McCrone (Canberra Raiders)
Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
David Taylor (Gold Coast Titans)
Ryan James (Gold Coast Titans)
Kevin Gordon (Gold Coast Titans)
Aidan Sezer (Gold Coast Titans)
Albert Kelly (Gold Coast Titans)
Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)
Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans)

The Prime Minister’s XIII will be announced next Monday, September 16.
Selected players will attend a medical in Sydney on Thursday, September 19, before assembling in Cairns on Thursday, September 26.

Holden Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens will accompany the Laurie Daley-coached PMs XIII to Papua New Guinea with the match viewed as an important selection trial for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.

The players selected today are form from clubs not competing in the Telstra Premiership Finals Series with additional players to be named when clubs are eliminated from the Finals.

Congrats to Robbie, hope you make it all the way. No Panthers in the train on is a bit of a surprise, considering how well some of them have been playing this season.

@Flippedy:

Congrats to Robbie, hope you make it all the way. No Panthers in the train on is a bit of a surprise, considering how well some of them have been playing this season.

They’ve been playing well as a team but I can’t think of any that would really deserve a call up, if I make any sense?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

things are not looking good for western sydney in general.

hayne from parra, farah from tigers and morris from dogs are the only 3 people in 4 western sydney clubs that will get close to getting a kangaroos jumper.

@wtigers:

@Flippedy:

They’ve been playing well as a team but I can’t think of any that would really deserve a call up, if I make any sense?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Yeah that definitely makes sense wtigers, and also some of their best are actually Kiwis, but I would’ve thought that Grant or maybe even Coote might have been chosen to train on. I’d rather Grant than Shillington, tbh.

Tim Mannah playing ok in a busted Parra.

Robbie to Captain IMO

The Australian Team is pretty predictable at the moment…

No Gidley should see Robbie get a bench spot for the World Cup.

I wonder if the Roosters Win the GF does Mitchell Pearce get a Ticket?

Congrats to Robbie , how in the hell did McCrone , Gordon and Sezer get in the Squad , what a waste

i wonder if scotty prince was eligible.

hahaha Tim Sheenius selections live on!.

@Tiger Watto:

The Australian Team is pretty predictable at the moment…

No Gidley should see Robbie get a bench spot for the World Cup.

I wonder if the Roosters Win the GF does Mitchell Pearce get a Ticket?

If he has a big finals series, Josh Reynolds would be the bolter (he has a bit more utility value than Farah). Agree that it is predictable. I doubt Pearce will get a ticket over unless Thurston or Cronk get injured in the finals.

i dont see the value in reynolds either tbh. he can only cover 5/8. he’s a bloody hopeless hooker.

someone like josh morris/ jennings would be a better utility- as they can replace inglis who can cover basically any position in the team

There will be 2/3 backs on the bench.This is Shennioses team

@foreveratiger:

Congrats to Robbie , how in the hell did McCrone , Gordon and Sezer get in the Squad , what a waste

They’re in the mix, being on the train on squad doesn’t guarantee you a position on the tour. They’ll only make it if others get injured during the final series. They’re basically back up for the back ups.

Robbie Farah will play the utilty off the bench for aus he did that last year and will do it agian this year.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme