Poll: Who wants a new section for less-moderated discussions

So a thread was started up by a Forumer about making a new ''Less-Moderated Section in the Forum. I wanted to find out what peoples opinions are on this, and so I made a poll about it.
Imo I really don’t like the Idea of it because it would just be a place for Balmain and Western Suburbs Dinosaurs to bicker and Trade Insults…. and will be abit like League Unlimited’s ‘‘Troll Cave’’ Which is just a disgrace… But others might have differing Opinions on this subject and that is why this thread was created. READY,STEADY,VOTE!

I like it.
For those who don’t just dont go to that part of the forum.
Maybe there could be an option for Forumers to ‘hide’ it if they wish.

Problem I see is that someone will get flamed on there, complain and I suspect a few of the posts will warrant banning. I don’t like the idea of having two sets of rules on here.

I think the mods let dead horse threads run way too long here as it is. I don’t see the need for a flame war section, once the discussion is no longer about football, or stopped being funny just kill it with fire and move on. I’ll happily troll someone if I think they’re being a prat, but I won’t get precious if my witty retorts aren’t archived for eternity.

If you just post a disclaimer saying ““enter at your own risk”” or similar

Complaints from this section will not be dealt with so enter with caution!

You cant baby sit people on the net, people should realise they themselves control what they view read and say and they themselves have the power to click on a

If anyone wants to have a rant they can do it in front of a mirror

As long as the posts dont appear in the “view new posts” section on the side of the forum.

Can’t be bothered scrolling through bullcrap thats going to get nowhere.

@Milky:

As long as the posts dont appear in the “view new posts” section on the side of the forum.

Can’t be bothered scrolling through bullcrap thats going to get nowhere.

This. X10000

Many dont realise the effort that some (not me) have gone to with building a good relationship between this forum and the club. For many years the relationship was not good and it made life difficult for those who put the hard work in to ensure we have such a forum to entertain us.

Through hard work the relationship between club and forum is better than ever and its necessary that we have a forum that is moderated accordingly.

So i disagree with a less moderted section wholeheartedly. If thats what some want go to league unlimited.

Some people are bad enough with moderation. I’d hate to see the kind of pathetic cheap shots wrapped up with homophobia, racism or whatever you’d get. If you want a forum where you can troll, pointlessly bait people or otherwise be unpleasant, maybe try League Unlimited where the obsession with calling each other pubic wigs shows no signs of letting up. I’ve pretty much seen all the main club forums. Many, and I include this one, are well run forums where there is good banter but also decent league discussion and some great posts. There are also some where every thread is inevitably overshadowed by some ongoing petty feud and peppered with thinly disguised swearing or insults. Me personally, I like it hear. I don’t always agree with everyone and many disagree with me but I’m pretty confident those people will stick to the topic and not make it personal. So it’s a big no from me.

im open minded about the whole keeping the internet uncensored type argument, but doubt i would ever venture into the fray in an unmoderated forum.
i like this forum just how it is and think the proposed new area would just be an ocean of negativity.

@alexaki:

If anyone wants to have a rant they can do it in front of a mirror

@turnstyle:

im open minded about the whole keeping the internet uncensored type argument, but doubt i would ever venture into the fray in an unmoderated forum.
i like this forum just how it is and think the proposed new area would just be an ocean of negativity.

Yeah it might end up like the Yahoo comments threads - my God there are some disgusting posts let go on there a lot of the time!

I think Yoss summed it up pretty well for me.

Absolutely not. One forum.

Brand risk

Relationship risk (club)

Risk of kids reading it

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Yeah scrap the idea tbh

Club won’t like it & Mayer won’t come on here, no more q&a etc.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.