Should I make the trek??

Sunday afternoon.

Raiders vs Tigers.

Canberra Stadium.

Possible season defining game.

4 hour drive there.

4 hour drive back.

Starting a new job on the Monday morning.

We are likely to get bent over by the ref or a big comeback (always happens in Canberra)

Should I bother?

@steven_tiger:

Sunday afternoon.

Raiders vs Tigers.

Canberra Stadium.

4 hour drive there.

4 hour drive back.

We are likely to get bent over by the ref or a big comeback (always happens in Canberra)

Should I bother?

It will be very cold there, but I give the Tigers a decent chance. We have lost a few close ones down there but we have also come away with some wins. We have to start better than we did today though.

I’ll definitely be making the trip down. Always love the drive down to Canberra. We won down in Canberra in 2007, one of the coldest games I’ve ever been to. Wind chill factor was down to -3.

For those in Sydney, remember it’s the last weekend of school holidays so there may be extra traffic heading back up on the Sunday evening from the snow.

Steven,

Add another 1 1/2 hours to the trip home……Last day of Schools Holidays always make for a longer trip home back to Sydney

@steven_tiger:

Sunday afternoon.

Raiders vs Tigers.

Canberra Stadium.

4 hour drive there.

4 hour drive back.

Should I bother?

Come On you know you want too….do you really have to ask the question…

Wests tigers will beat Canberra no doubt in my mind…handsomely…

@Aladinsane:

Steven,

Add another 1 1/2 hours to the trip home……Last day of Schools Holidays always make for a longer trip home back to Sydney

Lucky I don’t live in Sydney 😉

I’ll be heading in the other direction.

im going to head down forsure, and take some annual leave fri and mon and get to perisher

@steven_tiger:

@Aladinsane:

Steven,

For some reason Steven, i always thought you lived in Canberra? Now i see you live in Griffith :slight_smile:

@Hit or Miss:

@steven_tiger:

@Aladinsane:

Steven,

For some reason Steven, i always thought you lived in Canberra? Now i see you live in Griffith :slight_smile:

Almost right mate.

I was in Canberra from 2004-2008 studying at university.

I moved back home to Griffith in December last year.

Make the trip south steven tiger, the 4hr drive home will be beautiful listening to all the media reports on the radio regarding the tigers victory and their surge towards the finals… 😉 😉

@steven_tiger:

Sunday afternoon.

Raiders vs Tigers.

Canberra Stadium.

4 hour drive there.

4 hour drive back.

Should I bother?

it depends whether you have foxtel or not……if you have foxtel maybe if not go for it

I don’t have it myself, but my parents do.

I’m leaning towards going at this stage.

Only you can make that choice.

I don’t think the drive from Griffith to Canberra is too bad. The only real concern is the amount of time. If it was half that time (like it is from Sydney approximately) - I’d say go for it.

@senex:

Only you can make that choice.

I don’t think the drive from Griffith to Canberra is too bad. The only real concern is the amount of time. If it was half that time (like it is from Sydney approximately) - I’d say go for it.

The drive is alright once you get to the Freeway… which is at Yass… which is 3 hours away, and only 45(ish) mins from Canberra. The first 1 and half is a terrible drive. 😆

If I was you steven, I would defintly make the trip to canberra.

From now on for all games for us it is do or die so you should make the trip.

It will be worth it.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.