Class Action Vs Shayne Hayne

• @LeichhardtTiger:

No Southern - they were seriously interested - I wrote to them and they rang me back in two days. They understood the situation. I explained the COST i.e. the money that was involved - Balmain vs St George at Leichhardt Oval in the early 2000’s - Saints interchanged a player incorrectly and scored (sorry memory a bit vague but it was a pretty blatant error.that the refs allowed). I explained that people in the stadium (Leichhardt Oval) had their amenity ruined by the decision. I calculated the monetary cost of the loss of amenity by simply counting the attendance fees. In a crowd of 15,000 at least 10,000 were Tigers fans. At an average of $8 dollars per head we are talking about $80,000 lost amenity.(And that was a lot of money back then). Anyway they agreed that it had legs because of the negligence amenity rule but they felt the ramification for sport was too great in that no one would want to become a ref if the risk of litigation over such a ruling was mandated.

Mate you are either lying or they are taking the piss. Trust me I do it for a living. I never say never in law but in this case … never.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I said to mate at the time, we will get beaten by plenty so this blunder will sound like sour grapes if we complain.The bottom line it was a massive momentum swing at the time.

I dont think we would have won but it is the arrogance of the guy. The NRL has to act and act hard, he made a blunder in not reviewing try and it ended up in a 12 point turn around.

The trouble the NRL has, if they sack him, who do they replace him with

• i was at the game and was sure it was a try. what were the commentators saying on the commentary ?

• @innsaneink:

Balmain didnt exist early 2000s

Sorry, Innsaneik, I call Weststigers Balmain to this day. Sorry Maggies but that’s my thing.

• @southerntiger:

@LeichhardtTiger:

No Southern - they were seriously interested - I wrote to them and they rang me back in two days. They understood the situation. I explained the COST i.e. the money that was involved - Balmain vs St George at Leichhardt Oval in the early 2000’s - Saints interchanged a player incorrectly and scored (sorry memory a bit vague but it was a pretty blatant error.that the refs allowed). I explained that people in the stadium (Leichhardt Oval) had their amenity ruined by the decision. I calculated the monetary cost of the loss of amenity by simply counting the attendance fees. In a crowd of 15,000 at least 10,000 were Tigers fans. At an average of $8 dollars per head we are talking about $80,000 lost amenity.(And that was a lot of money back then). Anyway they agreed that it had legs because of the negligence amenity rule but they felt the ramification for sport was too great in that no one would want to become a ref if the risk of litigation over such a ruling was mandated.

Mate you are either lying or they are taking the piss. Trust me I do it for a living. I never say never in law but in this case … never.

No Southern I’m not lying - what a stupid comment! It’s precisely what happened - what do you do for a living W.A.N.K.ING.?

• @tigertilidie:

i was at the game and was sure it was a try. what were the commentators saying on the commentary ?

CH9 agreed try, it was clearly on the paint with downward pressure. It got painfully replayed throughout the evening. Sportsbet paid out on Nofo as first try scorer.

• nrl needs an overhaul with the refereeing…

the whole system is a farce…

you can’t have two different refs with two different interpretations taking over the game at different stages. its absolutely stupid…

need 1 ref back…

• I coach junior league and have always been frustrated with the system that starts them off. As coach I’m forbidden to talk or touch a referee before, during or after the game. These guys continuously get the calls wrong, and no I’m not talking about my team.
    What is wrong with the system is that there is no register of complaints or compliments to weed out the good from the bad, so the way I see it is that when these guys get to NRL level it is more to do with fitness than anything else.
    The bottom line with a refereeing decision is keeping your calls consistent for both sides. In tonight’s game Manly held us down in tackles a lot longer then the referee will allow us, so we get penalised more often and eventually frustration will set in, another contest ruined. With these inconsistencies how can you compete on a level playing field.

• LeichhardtTiger, a couple of your posts in this thread are so far outside forum rules that the mods should delete them. The rest of what you say about suing the referee is pure fantasy; it will never happen but if you think that you are on solid ground, legally, then I say go for it. Don’t wait for others, just do it and I wish you all the luck in the world in getting your admission money back.

• It’s actually so ****ing easy to fix up most of the reffing.

1. Captains challenge. 1 incorrect one per half.

2. Allow the video ref to whisper in the refs ear if they see something on replay that goes against the onfield decision. This will have to be refined to make it as quick as possible because decisions cant be reversed if play has resumed.

3. Centralized video reffing to make it more consistent and maybe faster/better: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/war-room-plan-for-all-video-decisions-20130401-2h359.html

4. Adjust the 2 ref system to have only ONE main ref and the other pocket ref can just do the 10 metres and offsides.

Long term: more money for refs to give incentives for people to become refs. Hopefully this means more quality referees to choose from.

• Slater & Gordon are ambulance chasers of the highest order. Wouldn’t be surprised if the muckrakers from the Terrorgraph read this and we see a story in tomorrow’s paper.

FTR the decision to not check the try doesn’t excuse the following 77.5 minutes of utter shite that was served up by the guys in black, white & orange. This club has it ingrained on their psyche to drop their heads when things go against them and that needs to change more than Hayne’s “arrogance.” OP is taking the piss.

• Agreed we need to be better in adversity but I am seeing some change. Some people have short memories….the Canberra win was brave and we wouldn’t have won that game in the Benji era. Realistically we would have done well to be even competitive in that game: rookie 1, 7; brand new 6. Busted arse 3 & 4. Richards cant walk after 2 mins…Halatau world slowest centre gets shifted. Robbie and Woods wouldn’t have trained with the team. Plus we don’t get the ball for the first 20 mins. 5 day backup after gruelling game vs Canberra.

I suspect you will see a vastly improved performance this week. Potter will be forced to blood some new three quarters this week (is Moltzen a keeper? can the NSW Cup talent measure up) which will be good long-term as some hard decisions need to be made with these in the next few months as Potter assembles a squad for 2015.

• @tigermaniac:

I coach junior league and have always been frustrated with the system that starts them off. As coach I’m forbidden to talk or touch a referee before, during or after the game. These guys continuously get the calls wrong, and no I’m not talking about my team.
    What is wrong with the system is that there is no register of complaints or compliments to weed out the good from the bad, so the way I see it is that when these guys get to NRL level it is more to do with fitness than anything else.
    The bottom line with a refereeing decision is keeping your calls consistent for both sides. In tonight’s game Manly held us down in tackles a lot longer then the referee will allow us, so we get penalised more often and eventually frustration will set in, another contest ruined. With these inconsistencies how can you compete on a level playing field.

I know of plenty of referees in junior football that have needed police or officials to escot them from the ground because coaches and others wanted to physically hurt them. And those referees were just teenagers. That’s why you are not allowed to approach the referees.

I had a go refereeing junior football in my younger days. You can get 99% of calls right but everyone will remember you for the 1%. Everyone involved in the game from players, coaches and commentators make mistakes in a game. The odd mistake is made and forgotten for them, but not so easily for the referees.

The commentators are the worst. They bag out the refs but constantly get players names wrong and misinterpret the game. They don’t help with the anti ref culture.

• If people want to get their opinions to the NRL you could do it one of two ways

Send an envelop with a 5c piece inside it and address it to Shayne Hayne c/o the NRL

Or send a piece of WT’s stuff you don’t put a high value on to the NRL and tell them until they fix the issues with refs you won’t re-sign as a member

Personally I think they only people the hierarchy will listen to are the players and they have to do something about all the issues that are hounding our game

• @LeichhardtTiger:

@innsaneink:

Balmain didnt exist early 2000s

Sorry, Innsaneik, I call Weststigers Balmain to this day. Sorry Maggies but that’s my thing.

There is no Balmain and there is no Maggies. If you cant accept the Wests Tigers then you need to just follow another club in the NRL.

Recent Topics