Foran didn't ground that ball

Firstly we should of got a penalty when Sironen was tackled in the air but playing on from that Foran went over the line and dropped the ball, it was ruled a try without even going to the video reff. We lost 40-8 but that was completely due to the reff being a nutjob, the team knew they wouldn’t beat the reff.

Had we got that try in the beggining we would of been up 6 nil with all the confidence in the world, Manly wouldn’t have scored their next try because they wouldn’t have had the opportunity. Manly scored after that when Gutherson busted through Denes side, fair enough.

The next Try came before half time which shouldn’t have been a try because foran dropped it, had we recieved the penalty there when Sironen was taken in the air we could of scored which would have put is in front at the break.

Who knows what would of happened in the second half.

I agree! You can see it in Foran’s reaction. He looks up at the Manly No.18 to see if he was going to award the try

It’s true that the ref cruelled our chances early, but a good team will rise against that. We were simply not good enough and not up to Manly’s standard yet. Too many young fellas and not enough hard heads. Maybe next year we will be strong enough to come back from such setbacks like champion teams do.

Foran did ground the ball, but shouldn’t have had the opportunity to do so in the first place. 18 points objectively, 24 arguably, were direct results of the refereeing.

@Stripes96:

Foran did ground the ball, but shouldn’t have had the opportunity to do so in the first place. 18 points objectively, 24 arguably, were direct results of the refereeing.

He didn’t.

I also thought Brett Stewart pushed him over the line. My feeling was he would have been pulled up short by Gavet and Moses if Brett Stewart didn’t run into the back of the play and push them all forwards.

I rememeber Ben Murdoch Masila laying a fingernail on Eddy Pettybourne once when Pettybourne was charging into the in goal, and we got disallowed it.

Interesting viewing - take another look if you get the chance.

@underdog:

I also thought Brett Stewart pushed him over the line. My feeling was he would have been pulled up short by Gavet and Moses if Brett Stewart didn’t run into the back of the play and push them all forwards.

I rememeber Ben Murdoch Masila laying a fingernail on Eddy Pettybourne once when Pettybourne was charging into the in goal, and we got disallowed it.

Interesting viewing - take another look if you get the chance.

You can see in the picture above that Stewart was on the defenders, you are allowed to push your player in but can’t touch the defender is my understanding.

100% You could see it in his reaction…

How about the Stewart try when Farah was held back. Goes upstairs and comes back no problem at all. We didn’t play well but that score should have been much closer than 40-8.

It was Gavet that knocked Foran onto his stomach. Moses had got him a beauty right under the ribs and was going to put him on his back.

Thought we might get ambushed last night as a payback. Just didn’t think it would be by the refs.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme