Maybe we should sell up to Koukash

@GNR4LIFE:

If Koukash is smart, he’ll avoid this place like the plague. Too much political red tape, and factions to overcome. Better off for him to go to a club that isn’t divided.

Geo he is very smart. And he’s not interested in our club. Too much of a hassle for him. Can’t blame him. Would’ve loved it if Koukash came to our clubs rescue 😦

@happy tiger:

The fans just don’t show up to watch Gold Coast teams play

I reckon the crowd mix at the Titans v Tigers game would of been 65-35

For an interstate game , that’s just ridiculous

The only time they draw is rivalry games Cowboys ,Broncos

Funny market the Gold Coast

And then you look at the population bases of the three clubs who are in the smaller one team towns

Gold Coast 535000
Newcastle 310000
Townsville 200000

And the Titans don’t draw even half as many as the Cowboys and the Knights most weeks

@Tigermama:

@GNR4LIFE:

If Koukash is smart, he’ll avoid this place like the plague. Too much political red tape, and factions to overcome. Better off for him to go to a club that isn’t divided.

Geo he is very smart. And he’s not interested in our club. Too much of a hassle for him. Can’t blame him. Would’ve loved it if Koukash came to our clubs rescue 😦

I think we need some clarification here, our club does not need “rescuing”. Wests Tigers are doing just fine and going through a planned restructure that will make us a force in the NRL for years to come.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Sometimes I feel like we are stuck on Gilligans Island as Tigers supporters

Rescue boats cruise on by and somehow we manage to find away to miss our rescue

Gilligan and the Skipper have a lot to answer for

Maybe a flashy billionaire is exactly what they need to attract the fans interest. Can you imagine the intrigue and fuss when he arrives in town? He alone would surely generate a new level of interest. After the Tinkler debacle cant see Newcastle fans being too enthusiastic about billionaire investors. All speculation - but it will be interesting to see where/ and if ends up buying any of the clubs.

English billionaire Marwan Koukash has ruled out buying Wests Tigers after whittling down his NRL club shopping list to “one or two” remaining options.

The one-time Palestinian refugee, now a wealthy businessman and racehorse owner, has publicly stated his intention to buy an NRL club.

The owner of English Super League club Salford is expected to fly out to Australia in October to finalise the deal, however he says he still hasn’t made up his mind which club to buy into.

But he has ruled out buying the Wests Tigers.

“It’s not something that would be of interest to me, no,” Koukash told Sky Sports Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday.

The 55-year-old said the club’s joint venture structure - the source of infighting between the Wests and Balmain factions - had been a turn off.

“That’s too complicated for me. I’m going to pass on that,” he said.

Asked if he’d spoken to the Newcastle Knights, the outspoken businessman said it was “no secret” he had an interest in the club.

“It’s definitely one of the clubs that I’m looking at,” he said.

Koukash rescued the cash-strapped Salford Red Devils in 2013 and helped the one-time wooden spooners move up to 10th spot this season.

Owner of Melbourne Cup runner Mount Athos, he spent a large part of his childhood in a Jordanian refugee camp before moving to Kuwait and England.

In the next 18 months, Koukash said he had a “big interest” in making the move to Australia.

“Some people call me crazy, but I love the sport (rugby league),” he said.

“I can’t see myself not being involved … in the best rugby competition in the world.”

AAP

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/marwan-koukash-rules-out-wests-tigers-bid-20140925-10lp50.html#ixzz3EHbFlWAS

No loss. Don’t like the idea of the club as some ego’s pet hobby.
As much as the cash would be a bonus.

Obviously he is clueless…based his decision on the past board infighting.

The 55-year-old said the club’s joint venture structure - the source of infighting between the Wests and Balmain factions - had been a turn off.

He is unaware we have a new board structure…clueless…

@alexaki:

He can only base his decision what he has seen , not what could be

That’s why he is rich , they don’t make mistakes on possible’s or maybe’s

I think private ownership isn’t the way to go for Tigers. We don’t need more dramas and that is what private ownership seems to lead to in recent times.

Having said that, if I had a few million dollars I would buy the Tigers.

@happy tiger:

@alexaki:

Sounds like his due diligence started and ended on the past board structure and hearsay about the board infighting…which according to the outgoing board their last 12 months was very cordial.

The WT brand is the most marketable brand in the NRL; when we are winning the WT draw the largest average home ground attendances in Sydney; our merchandise sales are top 3 in the NRL; Our social media hits are #1 among the NRL clubs; WT draw one the highest TV ratings when we are on free to air…

If I were him and was looking to buy a club the WT would be on top of my list…and I would out a condition I have board representation… If this guy can’t see this…good luck to the team he buys!

Not surprised in the slightest …I don’t even think we were a blip on his radar…more like wishful thinking on some forumers behalf’s…

@alexaki:

@happy tiger:

@alexaki:

Sounds like his due diligence started and ended on the past board structure and hearsay about the board infighting…which according to the outgoing board their last 12 months was very cordial.

The WT brand is the most marketable brand in the NRL; when we are winning the WT draw the largest average home ground attendances in Sydney; our merchandise sales are top 3 in the NRL; Our social media hits are #1 among the NRL clubs; WT draw one the highest TV ratings when we are on free to air…

If I were him and was looking to buy a club the WT would be on top of my list…and I would out a condition I have board representation… If this guy can’t see this…good luck to the team he buys!

Please take those Black, White and Orange glasses off. You sound like a very one eyed, bias supporter with this post, unable to see the negatives to why he’d wanna steer away. He has no emotional attachment unlike you, so i’m sure his decision is coming from a very level headed place. Given the history, the safer option would just be to buy a club with no history of infighting. He doesn’t need to take that risk.

It was never happening in a million yrs, and he sure as hell was never buying Balmain out. We’ve got what we’ve wanted for yrs, an independent board. Lets be happy with that, instead of feeling butt hurt over something that was always pie in the sky.

@happy tiger:

@alexaki:

I’d be wary of the Koukash quote, what he is actually referring to. The paper adds the tidbit about infighting and puts a spin, but Koukash never specifically references in-fighting or finance trouble or independent board.

It is easily interpreted that Koukash simply doesn’t want the complication of trying to buy-out one or both parties of WT, or be a joint partner. The structure of WT may be what turned him off, towards easier club targets.

@mike:

@Tigermama:

@GNR4LIFE:

I think we need some clarification here, our club does not need “rescuing”. Wests Tigers are doing just fine and going through a planned restructure that will make us a force in the NRL for years to come.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

No need to clarify anything to me"mike" I know where the club has been and where they are heading. Hopefully to a better place. And by rescuing, i was refering to the clubs lack of funds. We desperately need an injection of cash, so we could have what other successful clubs take for granted.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.