Went to the game,left when Melb scored their last try. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.
1. The crowd was piss poor. If you didn’t go you are not a real supporter. tonight was for Simon Dwyer. Tonite we showed how pathetic we really are.
2. Yes we must have financial problems. For that reason only play where it is financially beneficial to the club. If LO & CSG has to go so be it. Play where the money is - dont care about the crowd anymore - they showed tonite that they couldn’t be bothered for the club either. I exclude you all that were at the match. As for the rest pathetic. Save your excuses for your family the rest of dont care!
3. The team selection tonite. Who was responsible should go! How many players are available for selection. Plenty of forwards - but the best and toughest pack is not selected. No offence to anyone. Sorry to hurt anybody’s feelings. AM sick of the club filled with nice guys. The club needs Leadership - ppl with some balls to make the stroing calls. Forget about who’s feelings we hurt. Am over the that. The selection of Sironen & Halutau sorry was a joke. That had to be the weakest back row in the NRL for the last 5 years. In fact most State Cup back rows are better.
4. Who is actually available to play? I suspect some really bad decisions have been made - which cost us the finals this year? Those involved should go! And yes forget the finals this year - it was curtains tonite.
5. The facts about the team tonite. Ignore the numbering - am referring to the playing position.
1. Moses. Good player. Too small. Not an NRL fullback at the present time. See how he goes next year in another position. Not sure who else was available? Maybe should have tryed in at 6 tonite?
2. Akauola - Great 2nd rower but not a winger. Was present during the great wins this years when the pack was a pack. Not sure who else was available?
3. Simona - Injured - just not present att the moment - no ball not really involved. But ok is probably the best we can field in this position. Ojk
4. Lulia - Sorry not NRL standard - maybe ok for ESL. If we lost any players because of this purchase? Then another poor mistake. Not sure who else is available.
5. Richards - Ok good winger - does what he needs to and can kick! Great buy. However is playing injured and should not come back till100%. Another bad call this week as per last cple of weeks. Not sure who else was available?
6. Sironen - Well am glad he didnt play 2nd row. Maybe can play that position in the years to come. Not a half anymore - sorry. See what happens in 2015 / 2016. Needs moretime in the state cup.
7. Austin - With Brooks out the obvious replacement. Ok
8. Woods - Ok
9. Farah - Ok
10. Galloway - Ok (Getting soft with age - should consider retirement sometime in the near future. Would not renew contract. Invest in heartlage)
11. Thompson - OK. Would not renew contract. Spend the $ on speed. Which we truly miss. With the previous coach we lacked size in the forwards. Now we lack speed in the backs.
12. Halatau. You are kidding! No offense.
13. Blair. Ok
14. Seumanufagai - Ok
15. Taupau - Ok well better than Ok.
16. Sue - Ok
17. Gavet - Love it when he is on. But must be injured. Did not even get on when I left.
What is our striongest pack? Throwing it out there. No offense you have NFI if Sironen is there at the moment. He will be there - just not yet.
Am venting yes. Tonite the playing group confirmed that there truly is an issue at the club. We need someone with balls to come and lead us. Because at the moment he does not exist.
On the bright side we have lots of nice blokes. That however will not get us anywhere. Wellit could get us a spoon or 2. Worst part is we have the the players or did have at the start of the year to give the title a good shake.
I am amember yes. A gold member for the last 9 years. Will most probably not renew next year. (Family Pass +) Tickets were a joke to be honest. Just received working replacements last week.
We will turn it around in the future. Changes are a must. Including players, coaching staff and management. Enough is enough. Like the Lion in Oz - we lost our heart and courage. Only hope for this year is to follow the yellow brick road.
GNR4LIFE last edited by
As i said in the other thread, as harsh as it sounds, the Dwyer factor alone wasn’t going to be enough to draw a crowd.
gallagher last edited by
It wasnt the only way to support Dwyer, donations can be given without going to the game.
1. Horribly cold weather
2. Wests Tigers taking on a team not even based in NSW
3. Monday Night
What were they expecting, a 25k sell-out! I feel so sorry for poor Simon, the retarded NRL and Tigers board screwed up again when it comes to organising.
Our strongest pack
westTAHger last edited by
As for “. The crowd was piss poor. If you didn’t go you are not a real supporter. tonight was for Simon Dwyer. Tonite we showed how pathetic we really are.”
how in the hell do you expect people who do not live in the sydney area, to get to the game then travel home and front up for work next morning.
sometimes it’s just not possible.
I understand your frustration, we all do, but to label us " not a real supporter"
Most of us accepted at the start of the year it was going to be a another lean season. I actually think up to now the team has done better than my expectations. With a new coach and some astute purchases next year will be better.