Judgement of Potter

• I like the guy, but that does not matter, nor does my opinion on him as a coach, as I have no say in the matter. We need a coach to take our young and upcoming WT side places, namely top four and then a shot at a title.

I have had an opinion (which was wavering), as do you and a lot of people involved in our game at different levels. Most, such as yours and mine carry little weight, as we are not at the coal face and/or adequately qualified to pass judgement.

Having listened to Trent Robinson being interviewed on ABC radio earlier today, I am no longer wavering, and believe that Mick is good enough to take us forward. Not only does he respect him, praising his coaching methods and ability to educate players, and the structures that he puts in place, he also alluded to the powers within our club that make it that much harder for Mick.

As Trent was with clubs which Potter has also been involved and is generally regarded as the pick of the rising crop of young coaches, his opinion is good enough for me

• He did very well for Trent last night.

• He has failed, results speak for itself regardless the politics in the club
    Most times when a club gets flogged in FG they come back and challenge the next. We only did for the first 40.
    Players were so bored with Potters half time chat that they didnt bother to show up 2nd half.

• If Mick is coaching us next year I’ll be shocked. Whether or not people at the club are undermining him, I think the damage has been done. If he was staying on for 2015 he would have been signed up by now.

• I also very much doubt that he will be retained, but am sure there a few others, including at least one prominent player that should be shown the door before Mick is

• I caught the interview on the ABC to and the Easts coach was very supportive but ever since I can remember coaches seem to always support each other, I think it might have something to do with the lack of job security they all face most of the time.

As for Potter rightly or wrongly he will be cut at the end of the season, the club needs to be seen as trying to turn things around,so changes will need to be made and plenty of them

• I also will be surprised if Mick is our coach after seasons end.

So, who will it be?

Another rookie - I bloody hope not.

So who then?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Well, as I posted last night… if potter goes who else is there?
    Don’t give me this crap about Parrish or Walters or some other nuffie - we CANNOT go with another rookie coach, however…
    Which well credentialed coach will come here with all the crap we have behind the scenes
    Hopefully the independent directors and a real professional CEO may make a difference…
    Only coaches available I think are Griffin, Cartwright, Smith, Anderson, Elliott (lol) Sheens double LOL and as someone else suggested maybe Nathan Brown but i don’t think he would be experienced enough IMO

• @Love the WestsTigers:

He has failed, results speak for itself regardless the politics in the club
    Most times when a club gets flogged in FG they come back and challenge the next. We only did for the first 40.
    Players were so bored with Potters half time chat that they didnt bother to show up 2nd half.

Ridiculous

• I too will be surprised if Potters there next year .
    You can tell the players aren’t playing for him despite what has been said … We are absolutely diabolical at the moment , I don’t think even Hasler / Toovey or even Bellamy could turn this mob into men .
    Thank you Farah for pissing away our season .

• Trent Robinson was brought into look after a star studded line up. Potter on the other hand. Well, we all know what he has to deal with. Robinson hasn’t proven himself to be anything imo. Even with a premiership under his belt. Potter on the other hand has held together a band twats for 3/4 of the season.

• @cqtiger:

I also will be surprised if Mick is our coach after seasons end.

So, who will it be?

Another rookie - I bloody hope not.

So who then?

There are plenty of experienced capable assistant coaches who would take the job.

• I dont think it matters much who coaches next year, it is plain as day that there are parasites throughout the ranks content with bringing down the club for their own agendas.

The only ray of light will be the possibility of Independant Board members strong enough to purge the scum responsible for the rot. If the NRL appointed Board members lack the fortitude to sort this shambles out, it wont matter who we appoint as coach, the circus will continue.

• What about Steve Folkes?

Last I heard, he was an assistant coach at St George.

• I thought I heard that Folkes wasn’t interested in being a head coach anymore. He’s a video ref at the moment. Dunno what else.

Recent Topics