Another area in which we are probably behind

• http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/phil-gould-and-ivan-cleary-use-manly-sea-eagles-blueprint-to-revive-penrith-panthers/story-fn2mcuj6-1227027220979

No offense to John Skandalis, but we need to bring this club into the 21st century, use the technology that is out there, like Des Hasler and Phil Gould, and no more jobs for the boys. The more and more i think it about, the salary cap should not just be on players, but on facilities provided to the clubs. Teams like Storm, Broncos, Roosters, and Souths have a distinct advantage. Penrith have got their act together, I remember reading an article about the Panther’s (I think) , at that stage the players were doing their own strapping.

Hope Brian Smith’s report include the use of technology and sports data.

There’s always next tear 😦

• This is an area that requires the biggest change. It doesn’t matter what changes happen with players or coach or the board, we appear to need better training and medical.

• Banned

I don’t see this at all. I reckon all that stuff does is let you better choose the players who are capable of performing in various roles.

I think you can obtain that information via watching the game.

• This was a post I made in another thread.

This is a little long-winded, but I think the story is worth telling. I have a 24 year old relative, who has graduated from Sturt University with a Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science. He has continued his studies towards a higher degree by research with the University.
    He has had a very good mentor at the University, who directed him to his first practical work, where he worked with a disabled female swimmer. Under his guidance with diet and training schedule, she soon was surpassing her best times to a considerable degree.
    As part of his course, he started working with the NSW Waratahs, initially in a learning role with their Super 15 strengthening and conditioning group. He is now leading the strengthening and conditioning group of the junior Waratahs and will continue to do so in the next season.
    During the off-season twelve months ago, he worked for some weeks with a Texan (USA) College and some of their sports teams. They were so impressed with his results, they have tried several times to get him to go back, which he will do in the future.
    During the past couple of years, he has spent some time at the Sydney Swans and the Sydney Roosters to gain additional, varied experience.
    He says it is well-known in the “industry”, that the AFL Clubs and the Super 15 Clubs are well ahead of other sports in the scientific approach to strengthening, conditioning and rehabilitation. Other than the Roosters and one or two other rugby league clubs, the NRL clubs, including Wests Tigers, are well behind the times.
    This may explain the injury and rehabilitation problems in our Club.

• I know that when Mick Potter came in and Grant Mayer agreed at the time, that WT’s needed to significantly advance their sport science program. At the same time it was also noted that Concord was old and becoming an issue for the club because it is owned by NSW Rugby and not WT’s, therefore spending money better facilitating the venue was hard to do. Was mentioned then that Olympic Park or even developing a new facility out an campbelltown were options for the future.

Since then nothing has happened.

• For anyone relatively cluey about fitness / strength & conditioning, search coachkeegan on Instagram - he’s Brian Smith’s kid and the S&C coach at the Roosters. Look at the way he trains not only himself but the team. Look at their facilities.

It’s polar opposites to Skando and the playground equipment set up at Concord.

• @alex:

For anyone relatively cluey about fitness / strength & conditioning, search coachkeegan on Instagram - he’s Brian Smith’s kid and the S&C coach at the Roosters. Look at the way he trains not only himself but the team. Look at their facilities.

It’s polar opposites to Skando and the playground equipment set up at Concord.

Just throwing it out there why can’t the club lease a warehouse with large office space with large scale shop on the lower level and revamp it into a state of the art facility . I think there are a lot of clubs that do not have a field attached then use Concord or another field as on field training… they must be paying rent at the moment …you do not have to own anything anymore just lease it all premise/equipment .

• @overseastigersfan:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/phil-gould-and-ivan-cleary-use-manly-sea-eagles-blueprint-to-revive-penrith-panthers/story-fn2mcuj6-1227027220979

No offense to John Skandalis, but we need to bring this club into the 21st century

Okay so what’s skando supposed to do with his Tafe certificate then?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @overseastigersfan:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/phil-gould-and-ivan-cleary-use-manly-sea-eagles-blueprint-to-revive-penrith-panthers/story-fn2mcuj6-1227027220979

No offense to John Skandalis, but we need to bring this club into the 21st century, use the technology that is out there, like Des Hasler and Phil Gould, and no more jobs for the boys. The more and more i think it about, the salary cap should not just be on players, but on facilities provided to the clubs. Teams like Storm, Broncos, Roosters, and Souths have a distinct advantage. Penrith have got their act together, I remember reading an article about the Panther’s (I think) , at that stage the players were doing their own strapping.

Hope Brian Smith’s report include the use of technology and sports data.

There’s always next tear 😦

In Japan, the schools have no janitors - the kids do it themselves as part of their schooling

• Theres no way the salay cap restrictions should include training equipment/sports science. Why should well run clubs be held back by dumbos like us?

• Banned

We have been behind the posts a lot lately

Recent Topics