Let sanity prevail...take a deep breath.

• I think after all our posts,and a lot have quite a bit of substance we should take a deep breath and try to look at our predicament at the moment…
    1.severe injury toll to key players.
    2.speculation .re.Potters future.
    3.Changing of the Board
    4.Inhouse factional squabbling
    5.Accusations of boys club running the show.
    These are some of the points that everybody has in some threads discussed.I put these together because they are the ones that seem to anger us the most,granted they are the most popular ones that seem to aggravate all of us.For topic sake lets look at the big picture,this year is gone the board will change,injuries will heal,Potter will either be here or gone,a new board should stop the factional squabbling and cull the boys club.We are all allowed to have an opinion,this forum is a great place to vent our anger at the club and not so much on each other…We have to stick together.I still think if we recruit properly and upgrade facilities at Concord we are a chance of saving the future of this great club.There is a lot of work still ahead of us,as they say Rome wasn’t build in a day,I say things at the heat of the moment because like many of you Iam passionate about the West Tigers and frustration makes you say things in anger…Let’s be strong …Wests Tigers now and forever…

• Let sanity prevail

We are Tigers supporters

We know nothing about Sanity prevailing , even when things are good

I’m sure I lost my sanity after the West Ham game at 1.30 pm in the morning

Well the rest of the household seems to think so anyway

• Injuries. Watching the match the other night I tried to imagine in nearly every play what would have happened if we were at near full strength. Very different match.And of course the game plan and structure change completely as well but just thinking of what the individual Nofo, Simona or teddy would do changes alot. We’re not watching tigers games, so many of our tigers are out.

• I do not buy into the injury excuse or any of the other excuses, this is not a new phenomena at Concord, it happens almost every year. Okay I did not expect wins over the past few weeks, but I expected plenty of ticker and effort. They have clocked off for the year and I do not see any other team who have pulled up the white flag like we have.

I think what disturbs me the most, is my optimism for the next few years has taken a massive hit. Any thoughts of our club building up into a power house are almost faded. I do not know what it is but this club lacks passion.

Another long off season will be on us soon and we will be able to put to bed another crappy year and pray that 2015 we see a massive cultural change at Concord in 2015 along with some new faces in the playing roster

• Sanity, I

• Sanity, Whats that when you follow Wests Tigers, And as for new Players where are they going to come from?. Also who would want to come here @ the moment, We have signed no one for next Year & we talk about sanity, i have lost mine through following this mob. But support them i will.

• Sanity in tackling these problems will only result in a very half hearted approach and future mediocrity. What is need is a strong courageous leadership NOW from our management (whoever they are). I say NOW because next season will be with us before we know it and we will be back in the same mediocrity groove…

• @Newtown:

Sanity in tackling these problems will only result in a very half hearted approach and future mediocrity. What is need is a strong courageous leadership NOW from our management (whoever they are). I say NOW because next season will be with us before we know it and we will be back in the same mediocrity groove…

If the players don’t seem to want to bother tackling anything , why should management bother tackling anything ??

• Need to start all over again - new coach (and assistants), new board, new CEO, new crop of young players/new signings, maybe even a new captain. First and foremost though a new strength and conditioning coach.

2015 should be treated as year zero.

• Unfortunately, there’s nobody else capable of being captain amongst this lot.

• @wd in perth:

Unfortunately, there’s nobody else capable of being captain amongst this lot.

Woods or Blair

• Don’t we have to leave Concord because of a new road or suchlike?

When is that move due? Where will we go? How much will the move cost? Who will be the new members of the Board? Who will be the coach? Who will be his assistant? Who will be the trainers and conditioners? Where do we stand on the proposal for the NYC to operate out of the WSU campus at Campbelltown? If that move is going ahead, would it not be convenient to have the first grade side in the area?

Plenty of questions, but I am afraid not very many answers at this time.

• @magpiecol:

Don’t we have to leave Concord because of a new road or suchlike?

When is that move due? Where will we go? How much will the move cost? Who will be the new members of the Board? Who will be the coach? Who will be his assistant? Who will be the trainers and conditioners? Where do we stand on the proposal for the NYC to operate out of the WSU campus at Campbelltown? If that move is going ahead, would it not be convenient to have the first grade side in the area?

Plenty of questions, but I am afraid not very many answers at this time.

I will give everybody sanity and that is MY sanity …personally I have had a gutful of the going ons in this club,for 15 yrs this crap has been going on and on and on.
    I am also fead up with the excuses and the the fans that except mediocrity,the fans that still crap on about Wests / Balmain my god what is that all about 15 YEARS GUYS .
    My solution to all of this is GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and if you are half hearted get the balls to fold the place and move on,every year the begging begins Membershps/merchandise etc etc .
    What do the supporters get for putting in there hard earned dollars ,a board full of morons ,a CEO that is more interested in pandering to social media than showing leadership ,white anting players and coaches,a captain that is more interested in self interest and the negativity that goes with all of that .
    Is next year going to be better probable not ,same players ,same facility, independent board members that do not get paid I am sure they will be extremely interested.
    Same CEO tapping away on social media,and probably
    some nuffy new coach that the white anters like and will work for peanuts .
    Yes I am sure next year is going to a beauty .It is going to take around 2 years to upgrade the M4 from Parra to Parramatta Rd so probable around 3 years before having to move ,could be wrong.

• 😃 @Snake,good thread ,but all I was saying after all the garbage the board and players have dished up to us,maybe the penny could drop and changes for the better will happen.I spend a small fortune as others probably do at games for merchandise, food,beers etc for myself and the family as well as entry 2 adults and 2 kids…I love the Wests Tigers and support them at every possible chance,but having said that ,how many times has my daughter said to me ,the team is crap and she is 12yrs old.I to am getting sick of supporting monetary wise and emotionally to a team/club that has little or no tolerance for our support…personally I would rather support the Richmond Tigers at least I know what I will get…I apologise to many on the forum for my anger …but geez it gets to me sometimes.West Tigers now and forever (hopefully)…

• om om om

Recent Topics