The Brian Smith review....

• @TrueTiger:

@ GNR4LIFE Ithink if the review was done by someone other than the person sacked from his last 3 jobs ,then people would have more faith in what the results may be… 😃

Pretty much all coaches get the arse at some point

• Banned

@innsaneink:

Maybe we shouldve gotten a nice person, who is liked by all….who will say nice things in the report…and then everyone would be happy.

Its like getting a building inspector…he’s the bad news guy

We have plenty of bad news here

And quite a few termites to eradicate.

• @fibrodreaming:

Sideline eye, you need to read the earlier posts more carefully. Your assumptions are wrong.

Some of our (deluded) colleagues believe that the report was prepared as part of a conspiracy by Mayer to destabilise Potter.

Magpiecol and Balmain Boy (above) are acquainting you with the fact that the NRL asked the WT to undertake the review to be presented to the new Board. We have been told that the report is about structures and doesn’t deal with coaching staff.

If anyone is to blame re the report, it is the NRL for being so tardy in installing the new Board.

I have not replied to Magpie Col and I don’t know whether he is right or not. The point of my post was that you need something to back yourself up with if you are saying that the report should be implemented straight away and/or you are an ill informed idiot if you knock it.

Neither poster has seen the report and therefore, don’t know what is in it; that being the case, they have no basis for their statements. My point stands.

• @Newtown:

Although not a real Brian Smith fan but I am very much looking forward to the report being followed and acted upon ASAP. I also hope that the NRL will help us out with costs for coaching, training and medical staff and facilities. .

We live in hope " 😎

• One thing is for sure - as soon as he walked into the joint we started going down the shute.
    Coincidence?

• @fibrodreaming:

Sideline eye, you need to read the earlier posts more carefully. Your assumptions are wrong.

Some of our (deluded) colleagues believe that the report was prepared as part of a conspiracy by Mayer to destabilise Potter.

Magpiecol and Balmain Boy (above) are acquainting you with the fact that the NRL asked the WT to undertake the review to be presented to the new Board. We have been told that the report is about structures and doesn’t deal with coaching staff.

If anyone is to blame re the report, it is the NRL for being so tardy in installing the new Board.

Thanks for the clarification.
    It is good that the NRL are investing in the club’s future.
    Whatever saves us from a relocation to Perth.

Despite the neutral intention of the report, the fact of human nature remains when it comes to office politics. It’s hard not to see there was a risk that such a review at such a critical time wouldn’t have added to the tumultuous climate of late. And people are always going to have doubts that the review hasn’t added to trouble when the person doing the report isn’t renowned for minimising trouble.

It’s true, we don’t want a yes man doing the review, but we didn’t need any risk of mid season destabilisation. It’s a pity the review couldn’t have been done at the end of the year.
    But of course, we do desperately need the new board ASAP.

• Blaming a review which hasn’t had any action derived from it is the epitomy of idiocy.

Furthermore, the club approached Smith, not the other way around.

The NRL wanted the report.

The clubs woes stem from the fact no board members have the balls to run the club. The only leader is Farah & he’s sick of being the go to guy for all non-footy related issues.

And that makes him look like he’s a poor leader to those who have been desperately searching for a reason to hate on the bloke.

Nothing about this clubs 15 year history shouts out ‘stability’

The players aren’t the constant there….

• 😃 @madunit,you have made valid points in your post,Iam not saying Smith is right or wrong in his review because I don’t know what it contains,however the point that I make is since he came into the club to do what he was asked,the playing group has gone backwards even though we have a lot of injuries.I to ask is this coincidence or has someone higher up exposed things that should not have been revealed at this point of the season,and if they have they should be exposed for the troublemakers they are.Smith may or may not be the person to make a review or recommendations,we won’t know until all is revealed ….but in my opinion the sooner the Independant Board is setup and going then at least things that are hidden will be exposed for what they are,and we as supporters can maybe look forward to finally having stability in our great club…Wests Tigers now and forever… : :sign:

• 😃 @madunit,you have made valid points in your post,Iam not saying Smith is right or wrong in his review because I don’t know what it contains,however the point that I make is since he came into the club to do what he was asked,the playing group has gone backwards even though we have a lot of injuries.I to ask is this coincidence or has someone higher up exposed things that should not have been revealed at this point of the season,and if they have they should be exposed for the troublemakers they are.Smith may or may not be the person to make a review or recommendations,we won’t know until all is revealed ….but in my opinion the sooner the Independant Board is setup and going then at least things that are hidden will be exposed for what they are,and we as supporters can maybe look forward to finally having stability in our great club…Wests Tigers now and forever… : :sign:

• :wtf sorry internet playing up…

• I will be getting a copy of this report shortly

I’m just waiting for the true report on who killed JFK and one telling me where Elvis Presley now lives and why he had a sex change first

Soon as I have it , you will have it

• @madunit:

Blaming a review which hasn’t had any action derived from it is the epitomy of idiocy.

The clubs woes stem from the fact no board members have the balls to run the club. The only leader is Farah & he’s sick of being the go to guy for all non-footy related issues.

And that makes him look like he’s a poor leader to those who have been desperately searching for a reason to hate on the bloke.

Nothing about this clubs 15 year history shouts out ‘stability’

The players aren’t the constant there….

For mine, it’s not the report per se, it’s the timing of the report, and the fact that no matter it’s purpose, it’s gives an opportunity for backstabbers and troublemakers to spread innuendo, something Potter or the club could have done without, as the season was approaching its critical point.

The report may have caused no trouble at all, but in most workplaces, that’s rarely the case.

• @guyofthetiger:

@madunit:

Blaming a review which hasn’t had any action derived from it is the epitomy of idiocy.

For mine, it’s not the report per se, it’s the timing of the report, and the fact that no matter it’s purpose, it’s gives an opportunity for backstabbers and troublemakers to spread innuendo, something Potter or the club could have done without, as the season was approaching its critical point.

The report may have caused no trouble at all, but in most workplaces, that’s rarely the case.

The report had to be prepared when it was. The NRL was planning to already have its board members at the club by now so the club had to plan accordingly. The fact the NRL has taken longer to appoint their board members means the review is sitting in a draw for a few months.

Someone leaked that the review was critical of Potter’s management/communication/teaching skills to younger players. That was the start of all this mess.

Anyone that’s found to have spread innuendo should have the employment terminated for spreading confidential information. If journos had have had more integrity they may have done more research before writing whatever gossip they were told.

• Again , is it true the only thing holding up the new board is the fact we cannot find a woman to fill the last independent NRL board member position ??

Anyone in the know heard anything along these lines ??

• SO, if Balmain were not broke, and required money from the NRL, this report would not have happened.

Oh the irony …

Recent Topics