Tigers vs Panthers

• Panthers have 8 first graders out and are 2nd on the table with an impressive for and against. Makes me wonder if we have any excuses at all for our dismal season.

• More a lack of heart amongst our players, coach and management is our problem.

• They have a defensive pattern that get players in front of the ball rather than a slide pattern defending on your inside shoulder & a system the players don’t trust…

• Cleary is finally getting the recognition and credit he deserved yrs ago.

• And the panthers are not scared to chase players who maybe no one else wants. reported on the news last night GUS seen at the jail where Russell Packer is doing time. I would like the tigers to try and sign Packer and the other player who is suspended cant think of his name was with the knights. will not happen we want nice clean homely type players who don’t want to get there playing gear dirty on match days.

• panthers do have a lot more experienced players in their squad which leads to better consistency

• Their halves have quality centres to feed

Makes a huge difference

• Makes a difference having good management in a club where everyone pulls together …

• The difference is they have Gus in charge at the top,… Which means the club has stability, more sponsors and a no- nonsense is tolerated approach. The players seem to have bought in to the new culture too and it shows on and off the field. A great experienced coach in Ivan, then they have a very good playmaker with tons of experience in Jamie.

• @Tigermama:

The difference is they have Gus in charge at the top,… Which means the club has stability, more sponsors and a no- nonsense is tolerated approach. The players seem to have bought in to the new culture too and it shows on and off the field. A great experienced coach in Ivan, then they have a very good playmaker with tons of experience in Jamie.

Gus is one of the heavy hitters in the NRL

When he speaks , people at the top listen

We need someone along those lines here

• Banned

@Tigermama:

The difference is they have Gus in charge at the top,… Which means the club has stability, more sponsors and a no- nonsense is tolerated approach. The players seem to have bought in to the new culture too and it shows on and off the field. A great experienced coach in Ivan, then they have a very good playmaker with tons of experience in Jamie.

Spot on! Soward, in particular, has revelled in the this new culture. A change of club has brought out the best in him. Now the million dollar question for WT is…who can we get to be our Gus?

• I said it weeks ago we can not hide behind excuses anymore like injuries, and at the time I highlighted that Penrith had plenty of quality players gone for the season and a few other clubs were in the same boat.

We have thrown the towel in for the season, its sad and embarrassing. For us to climb off the carpet so many things have to happen and it will take time, but most importantly we need a person to take charge. So the first thing I would do would be appoint a director of football and football operations and he is in charge of everything related to how the club plays and performs on the paddock.

Under his brief would be recruitment and retrenchment, strength and conditioning,coaching,structures,discipline,rehab you name it and he along with the new board would employ all the coaching staff and all the support staff. Not sure who we could attract or who would be silly enough to take on the role, but this is the first thing that must happen

• Funny how Penrith have cleaned out the show ponies and have gone from strength to strength

• @supercoach:

I said it weeks ago we can not hide behind excuses anymore like injuries, and at the time I highlighted that Penrith had plenty of quality players gone for the season and a few other clubs were in the same boat.

We have thrown the towel in for the season, its sad and embarrassing. For us to climb off the carpet so many things have to happen and it will take time, but most importantly we need a person to take charge. So the first thing I would do would be appoint a director of football and football operations and he is in charge of everything related to how the club plays and performs on the paddock.

Under his brief would be recruitment and retrenchment, strength and conditioning,coaching,structures,discipline,rehab you name it and he along with the new board would employ all the coaching staff and all the support staff. Not sure who we could attract or who would be silly enough to take on the role, but this is the first thing that must happen

O.K. if I must, when do I start.lol

• ForumSupporter

Panthers have had a very soft draw and largely unaffected by Origin…their record against the other top 8 sides is no better than Ours…having said that they have done extremely well this season …the jury is still out on them IMO

Recent Topics