Magpies Handed Back Junior Rep Squads by Wests Tigers

• Heard from a reliable source that Western Suburbs Magpies will control the Harold Matthews and SG Ball sides for 2015 and beyond.
    Wests Tigers have done that for the past few years through the Wests Tigers Development Manager.
    Don’t have a problem with the Magpies doing it but wasn’t the reason the Tigers took it over due to the mess that it was in?
    Is this Mayer following through on his threat to the NRL to cut junior development?
    Why would the Wests Tigers change any part of their junior development when it is the envy of every other club given the talent we have at the moment from 16 to 21 year olds?

• I thought Balmain and Wests had looked after their own juniors and the WT’s oversee everything ??

Maybe not then ??

• ❓ I thought nothing was happening until the new board is in place?

• Wests Jnrs’ and The Western Suburbs FC haven’t seen eye to eye for quite sometime.
    So much so, That the Junior League separated itself from WSFC completely, And it has been this way for a very long time. I believe the Junior system hierarchy had no faith in the senior FC.
    Wests Tigers have mediated the situation for some time to make the transition easier. I hear from a reliable Maggie mate, That part of the Brian Smith structure review was to hand the Juniors back to the WSRLFC… Which can only be a good thing!!

I am not sure how the Junior League feel about it as there are a few high up there that quite enjoyed the power and not having an affiliation to a senior comp.

• Magpies used to provide the Wests Tigers with a grant I think. Could be the start of things to come.

• @batboy:

Wests Jnrs’ and The Western Suburbs FC haven’t seen eye to eye for quite sometime.
    So much so, That the Junior League separated itself from WSFC completely, And it has been this way for a very long time. I believe the Junior system hierarchy had no faith in the senior FC.
    Wests Tigers have mediated the situation for some time to make the transition easier. I hear from a reliable Maggie mate, That part of the Brian Smith structure review was to hand the Juniors back to the WSRLFC… Which can only be a good thing!!

I am not sure how the Junior League feel about it as there are a few high up there that quite enjoyed the power and not having an affiliation to a senior comp.

Thanks for the feedback Batboy

• It is true that WSDRLFC will re-takeover managing of Harold Matts & SG Ball for Wests Magpies in 2015.

WSDRLFC and Wests JL are now on good terms.

WSDRLFC ‘outsourced’ running of Such for last few years to WT.

This will now re-align Magpies Juniors & seniors to one facility and under one operation in Liverpool.

This will all feed into WT NYC and consequently NSW Cup/NRL

Balmain run SG Ball & Harold Mathews out of Concord with WT Resources.

Wests Junior League Comp is supported financially by Wests Leagues Campbelltown

Balmain Junior League Comp is supported financially by Wests Leagues Ashfield.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @wtfl1981:

It is true that WSDRLFC will re-takeover managing of Harold Matts & SG Ball for Wests Magpies in 2015.

This will now re-align Magpies Juniors & seniors to one facility and under one operation in Liverpool.

Thanks for that. Will the Magpies still run the mini Magpies program as well (13,14,15s)?

• So the Balmain junior league comp is funded by Wests Ashfield ? So what does BalmIan offer …other than dude directors and ex players with big mouths?

• Read between the lines - Balmain is gone, too broke to even pay for their own small junior comp.

• @dribble73:

@wtfl1981:

It is true that WSDRLFC will re-takeover managing of Harold Matts & SG Ball for Wests Magpies in 2015.

Thanks for that. Will the Magpies still run the mini Magpies program as well (13,14,15s)?

Yes, with Wests JL

• Pretty sure Wests Ashfield look after the ex Wests Junior teams in the Balmain JRL (Concord/Burwood, Enfield Feds and Strathfield)
    The rest (Balmain originals) are looked after by Ryde Eastwood Leagues

• @innsaneink:

Pretty sure Wests Ashfield look after the ex Wests Junior teams in the Balmain JRL (Concord/Burwood, Enfield Feds and Strathfield)
    The rest (Balmain originals) are looked after by Ryde Eastwood Leagues

The irony is those clubs are part of the old magpies area and were the magpies best junior clubs till 1987.

• No irony….they had to go somewhere when Wests NSWRL went to Cambo in 87…Balmain being the neighbouring district was logical, some went to canterbury

• @Snake:

So the Balmain junior league comp is funded by Wests Ashfield ? So what does BalmIan offer …other than dude directors and ex players with big mouths?

National U/18 competition winners is what Balmain has offered twice over the last 3 years.

Recent Topics