Sharks ASADA case

Read More. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sharks-asada-case-cronulla-players-offered-backdated-oneyear-suspensions-deal-if-they-admit-to-taking-banned-substances/story-fni3gol8-1227030586958

A SELECTED number of past and present Sharks players have today been offered one-year suspensions - back-dated to November 1, 2013 - if they admit to taking banned substances.

The players, however, must admit their guilt to earn the back-dated sentence.

Cronulla this afternoon released a statement confirming five contracted players - Paul Gallen, Nathan Gardner, John Morris, Wade Graham and Anthony Tupou - had received show cause notices this morning.

So admit it and escape with nothing….hmmm

that’s garbage, back dated….

so basically, a slap on the wrist and all because the players “didn’t know” what they were being given?

So let me get this right they say yes to taking it and they are free to continue playing on this year and next with no penalty

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Well that will certainly deter teams from being involved in drugs in the future

NOT

I hope WADA can overturn this disgraceful decision

ASADA may be trying to save face as it most likely doesn’t have any solid evidence that will hold against the players in question. Having players admit & escape without suspension may be the only solution they have to put an end to the inquiry.

So Gallen is a drug cheat afterall eh?

This will blow up…
I think a lot of the players will not admit to being cheats, I wouldn’t… Regardless of consequence!!
If (And When) they miss out on club / rep money for not taking the deal… They will just sue the club.

This won’t end well for the Sharkies regardless of the pleas!!

One the main issues out of all of this is the reluctance by media to ask players eg gallen, bird etc what are the long term and possible effects of taking performance improving drugs. A couple of now retired sharkies are likely to take this court over side affects and failure of duty of care. Apart from the cheating aspect this is IMO a far more important issue.
The excuse of we did not know what we were taking is indefensible

I hope the Sharks get everything coming to them AND more.

You cant stand there and preach you want a drug free and fair playing field in sport, but then run and hide and refuse to answer questions when the Authorities come-a-knockin’.

The Sharks have not stopped whinging about how the NRL and ASADA and others have left them high and dry, yet not one single one of them grubby filthbags has offered to be honest and tell the truth. Sure, you may have been a completely innocent party who may have genuinely and naively taken an illegal substance. If that is the case, come forward and assist the authorities to rid the game of the scourge of deliberate drug cheats and the grubs like Dank.

But oh no, we don’t want to co-operate. Well I say STIFF SH**!

I wonder whether the Daily/Sunday Telegraph Sports Editor will continue gossip mongering Wests Tigers rather than cover the much more important issue of the involved Sharks players?

If the players admit to it, then WADA overturn the backdated nonsense, will the players be hit with a harder penalty? I can’t see them biting, instead I see them waiting and seeing how the Essendon case turns out, since they are challenging the integrity of the investigation. If Essendon get up against ASADA, then the Sharks boys are in the clear.

Did I miss something, or did all the noise about Manly also being involved, go very quiet, very quickly??

@guyofthetiger:

Did I miss something, or did all the noise about Manly also being involved, go very quiet, very quickly??

There are other players at other clubs who may face further action/scrutiny. None are at a squad wide level like Cronulla. I’m guessing that is why the Sharks are first up, not including Sandor Earl.

Stuff the Cronulla players , you had until 9.30am today to give an answer

You watch they will get an extension that will get dragged out for 3 weeks

They all get two year bans now

They wouldn’t be getting all this leeway if a certain P.Gallen wasn’t involved

@happy tiger:

Stuff the Cronulla players , you had until 9.30am today to give an answer

You watch they will get an extension that will get dragged out for 3 weeks

They all get two year bans now

They wouldn’t be getting all this leeway if a certain P.Gallen wasn’t involved

If as you say the Cronulla players get an extension that will be dragged out for 3 weeks it makes a complete farce of this enquiry. ASADA will have completely lost face and it will be an open run for any footballers who in future wish to use steroids to improve performance…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.