Willie Mason

• ForumSupporter

Big Willie for Wests?
    Robbie Farah has approached Wests Tigers’ management with a request to sign veteran forward Willie Mason. The 34-year-old is off contract at the Knights and Farah believes his experience would be invaluable for the younger players at the club. No decision will be made until there is more certainty over the coaching position. Mason has also been in talks with St George-Illawarra and the Dragons remain favourites to sign him. There were suggestions big Willie could follow Wayne Bennett to Brisbane - but that won’t be happening.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker–-nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/gbycplp9eonb1t9e4xqwmt7pc

Robbie is the recruitment manager now…deja vu

• That will be a done deal then what Robbie wants Robbie gets …the only problem with that is being an old player it will be the Lote Syndrome as I like to call it get injured early and will not play again for around 2 seasons . The medical / fitness gurus at the club will see to that …then Willie leaves and plays one last season for the Bunnies and is injury free for the entire season.

• @Snake:

That will be a done deal then what Robbie wants Robbie gets …the only problem with that is being an old player it will be the Lote Syndrome as I like to call it get injured early and will not play again for around 2 seasons . The medical / fitness gurus at the club will see to that …then Willie leaves and plays one last season for the Bunnies and is injury free for the entire season.

Not necessarily, Willie has got to want to come, which given the way the club and supporters turned their nose up at him 2 yrs ago, i wouldn’t blame him if he told the club to get stuffed.

• It was people power that stopped him coming to WT a few years ago.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• We should of offered Willie the extra year in 2012 and we would have him now

• 😃 Well I suppose Robbie has more jobs than just playing football,I can honestly tell you that there are younger experienced forwards and backs out there to help our young players,as for Willie I don’t think so…not at 34yrs of age. A very good forward to replace Liam,and a very good centre playing between Brooks,Moses and Simona and Noofa….Wests Tigers now and forever…

• @Snake:

That will be a done deal then what Robbie wants Robbie gets …the only problem with that is being an old player it will be the Lote Syndrome as I like to call it get injured early and will not play again for around 2 seasons . The medical / fitness gurus at the club will see to that …then Willie leaves and plays one last season for the Bunnies and is injury free for the entire season.

Our medical/fitness experts and facilities are the major liabilities our club can provide. If you were an ageing player then joining Wests Tigers would be the way to go. If injured early in the season our medical/fitness experts may certainly be able to extend your rehabilitation for as long as you like. When you’re ready to play again you could either retire or take out a contract with another club.

• Robbie and Mason are good mates, Sheens & Humphreys are gone now. Sign him up. Rotation of Woods, Mason, Lodge, Tuapau, Ava & Gavet.

• @Milky:

Robbie and Mason are good mates, Sheens & Humphreys are gone now. Sign him up. Rotation of Woods, Mason, Lodge, Tuapau, Ava & Gavet.

I don’t mind Mason for the right price

• @wtfl1981:

It was people power that stopped him coming to WT a few years ago.

Rubbish. It was Steve Folkes telling management that Willie was an unsettling influence at a club.

• @Snake:

Farah wanted him first time around.
    All the talk at the time about him being a bad influence put the kibosh on it - he then proved all the naysayers wrong.

• I would definitely take Willie for 1 year

• Can he play 2 3 4 5 or 1 !!!

• Can he play 2 3 4 5 or 1 !!!

• what robbie wants robbie gets

presonally - gfi!

Recent Topics