100 points of reason

• So, I keep reading posts on here about “the” reason about why we’re in the state of disarray that we are. What I am not sure about is the general consensus about the “key” problem that has led our club to where it is now.

It seems to be confined to these considerations:

1. Dysfunctional board (ongoing Wests/Balmain animosity and general incompetence)
    2. CEO (Grant Mayer)
    3. Coach (Mick Potter)
    4. Players wanting to exert too much influence (most notably Robbie Farah)
    5. Impact of injuries
    6. Support Staff (capability of assistant coaches, strength/conditioning staff)

So, imagine you have 100 points to allocate against all of those considerations.

For mine, it would be:
    1. 20
    2. 10
    3. 10
    4. 30
    5. 25
    6. 5

How would you allocate your 100 points?

• LCA I reckon you missed our biggest issue

MONEY

And Money affects everything

• Banned

1. Dysfunctional board (ongoing Wests/Balmain animosity and general incompetence) - 1 point
    2. CEO (Grant Mayer) - 1 point
    3. Coach (Mick Potter) - 46 points
    4. Players wanting to exert too much influence (most notably Robbie Farah)- 1
    5. Impact of injuries - 50 point
    6. Support Staff (capability of assistant coaches, strength/conditioning staff) - 1 point

I think that is a realistic assessment of the situation however I may have wildly exaggerated the items I gave 1 point to above.

• 1. Dysfunctional board (ongoing Wests/Balmain animosity and general incompetence) - 20 points
    2. CEO (Grant Mayer) - 10 points
    3. Coach (Mick Potter) - 0 points
    4. Players wanting to exert too much influence (most notably Robbie Farah)- 0 points
    5. Impact of injuries - 70 points
    6. Support Staff (capability of assistant coaches, strength/conditioning staff) - 0 points

Before the team was hit with the devastating injuries and the debacle with the management & media, the Weststigers were improving and heading for a run in the finals. Unfortunately, our depth is young and inexperienced, unable to keep the previous momentum. I am genuinely excited and biting at the bit to see what Mick and the team will give us next year!

• Lack of Money 70%
    Disfunctional board 20%
    CEO 10%
    Injuries 0%
    Players 0%
    Support staff 0%

If we had funds , most issues would disappear It is that simple

• @happy tiger:

Lack of Money 70%
    Disfunctional board 20%
    CEO 10%
    Injuries 0%
    Players 0%
    Support staff 0%

Happy you post a hell of a lot so maybe some of your posts are a bit hasty; that is the only charitable interpretation I can give to the totally insane points allocation above. Zero for injuries??? The poster that had 70% is much much closer to the mark.

• @PYMBLEPETE:

@happy tiger:

Lack of Money 70%
    Disfunctional board 20%
    CEO 10%
    Injuries 0%
    Players 0%
    Support staff 0%

Happy you post a hell of a lot so maybe some of your posts are a bit hasty; that is the only charitable interpretation I can give to the totally insane points allocation above. Zero for injuries??? The poster that had 70% is much much closer to the mark.

If we have money we can buy the best of everything like many of the other clubs Pymble

Players who have less risks attached , the best biomechanics , trainers ,strength and conditioning coaches ,assistant coaches ,equipment , everything

Money would solve many of the WT’s current problems

• @Larry:

1. Dysfunctional board (ongoing Wests/Balmain animosity and general incompetence) - 20 points
    2. CEO (Grant Mayer) - 10 points
    3. Coach (Mick Potter) - 0 points
    4. Players wanting to exert too much influence (most notably Robbie Farah)- 0 points
    5. Impact of injuries - 70 points
    6. Support Staff (capability of assistant coaches, strength/conditioning staff) - 0 points

Before the team was hit with the devastating injuries and the debacle with the management & media, the Weststigers were improving and heading for a run in the finals. Unfortunately, our depth is young and inexperienced, unable to keep the previous momentum. I am genuinely excited and biting at the bit to see what Mick and the team will give us next year!

I agree with this.
    Though I’d attribute at least 20 of the injury points to S&C.
    Don’t believe it’s luck anymore.
    Check ASCA website for what a Level 1 S&C coaching course involves. It’s not much to say the least.
    And that’s us in terms of S&C apparently.

Recent Topics