Thompson ,Paterson and Hitchcox remain unsigned

• These three players remain unsigned for 2015

Thompson definitely must be offered a contract for beyond 2014

The next few weeks could be huge for both Hitchcox and Paterson

Thoughts ??

• ForumSupporter

Sign all 3…not much on offer of any quality that Wests Tigers could afford

• I’d be signing Patterson first. If you compare him with Sironen Jr, he offers experience, kicking, passing, offloading and running proper lines. Thompson has had a good go at the WT this time around, while he is tough he’s to one dimensional, even though I’d resign him.
    Hitchcox would be cheap and already being in our system, I’d keep him.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• 😃 Thompson is the experienced player to look after the young guys,Hitchcox is still learning but will improve with more NRL gametime,Paterson adds some valeu

• Paterson and Hitchox can sign NSW cup contracts. Not really up to first grade, but Paterson would be handy for depth. Hitchcox would have to absolutely kill it in these final weeks of teh season to get an nrl contract.

Thompson maybe on a 1 year deal. He really doesn’t do much, but we can’t have our entire forward pack being under 22.

• Banned

Thompson has been sorely missed the times he’s been out.
    Paterson is handy 2nd row backup.
    Hitchcox ran with purpose last week…give him another shot.

How about Gavet?..is he a keeper?..I’d say probs not as we have Lodge he is better IMO

• Thompson , hitchox , gavet are must keep players
    Thompson has had a great year

• I was excited that we signed Paterson, and I understand that he has been injured, but I honestly cannot remember any single thing he has done this year that stands out. Bodene has been good, but if canberra or some other club is chasing him hard then so be it. Could’t Santi or Lovett cover his position.

Hitchcox I haven’t seen enough of to comment. I hope he does some running from dummy half tonight as I have heard that that is one of his skills. We need classy backs so if he fills the role then OK.

I would rather we used the above money to fill some gaps in our roster from outside the club. Players not tarnished with the rubbish that has gone on here recently.Can only hope…

• All three would offer the club some quality depth and experience, but really we need our 2015 coach to be making calls on the playing roster, and that is why we need the NRL and the club to fast track the board in order to fast track a call on who is coaching in 2015.

If we wait till the end of the season, than wait to the board is up and running and than wait for the selection process to take its course it will be November before a new coach is appointed and by than the market will be cleaned out with only the dregs left

• What is the delay on Thompson? Fair dinkum.

• @foreveratiger:

What is the delay on Thompson? Fair dinkum.

I had heard Canberra had shown some interest…. might have driven his asking price beyond us?

• @Majere77:

@foreveratiger:

What is the delay on Thompson? Fair dinkum.

I had heard Canberra had shown some interest…. might have driven his asking price beyond us?

Yeah heard the same, Gavet might have to be sacrificed if he doesn’t pull his head in.

• as good as thompson’s been for us this year, i’d be willing to let him and gavet go so we can offer a bigger contract to another outside back or someone from within so that we have a greater balance of backs:forwards in our top 25. this could mean hitchcox might get a massive pay.

Recent Topics