Maybe its time to go to Perth

• Don’t get me wrong I hope it is not on the cards. I would find it hard to be attached to a team over team. However i would still follow them if they were called Wests Tigers. Im not advocating the move mearly raising the fact the NRL and any potential board, CEO might see it is a sensible move.

I just wonder we always seem to be struggling. 15 years and only a few have come good.

• Infighting
    • No money
    • Balmain is broke., Ctwn doesnt follow the team
    • run down grounds and training base
    • Can’t attract players
    • Struggling for sponsors
    • Dwindling fan base
    • Dwindling crowds

I know the wheel can turn and clubs have their ups and downs. However with the jam packed sydney market we seem to be always just making up the numbers. Someone will eventually get squeezed out and maybe the club that makes the move will benefit who knows.

We go to Perth, keep the same name and get the money and the sponsors rolling in. Some fans would stick tight (maybe i dunno?) and you would have a whole new base base over there.

I expect to be shot down, but maybe it is a sensible option if we continue to be a basket case and a poor struggler on and off the pitch.

• @Eddie:

Don’t get me wrong I hope it is not on the cards. I would find it hard to be attached to a team over team. Im not advocating the move mearly raising the fact the NRL and any potential board, CEO might see it is a sensible move.

I just wonder we always seem to be struggling. 15 years and only a few have come good.

• Infighting
    • No money
    • Balmain is broke., Ctwn doesnt follow the team
    • run down grounds and training base
    • Can’t attract players
    • Struggling for sponsors
    • Dwindling fan base
    • Dwindling crowds

I know the wheel can turn and clubs have their ups and downs. However with the jam packed sydney market we seem to be always just making up the numbers. Someone will eventually get squeezed out and maybe the club that makes the move will benefit who knows.

We go to Perth, keep the same name and get the money and the sponsors rolling in. Some fans would stick tight (maybe i dunno?) and you would have a whole new base base over there.

If it were to happen they can stick it up you know what …. I’ll be out !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Eddie…you speak a lot of sense…

• ForumSupporter

Yeah……Nah

Why would Perth want us…don’t they deserve their own team

• Bloody hell , and I thought the drive from Gladstone to Townsville was bad

I’ll have to leave Xmas Day to make it to a game in time

• Eddie your posts are generally very thought out and make a lot of sense.
    However I think you are overreacting on this one. Our season massively derailed IMO due to injuries being the main factor. Sure other things have happened that certainly have not helped and the last month has left a terrible taste in our mouths but as a club I believe we can overcome it.

• What happens when WA form their own country after a sook over GST?

• @guyofthetiger:

What happens when WA form their own country after a sook over GST?

NZ has a team

• @tigerbalm:

@guyofthetiger:

What happens when WA form their own country after a sook over GST?

NZ has a team

Then we could pick any country in the west.
    How about Norway?
    Now they know how to manage their money.
    Not to mention cheap ice baths.

• @Pokies:

Eddie your posts are generally very thought out and make a lot of sense.
    However I think you are overreacting on this one. Our season massively derailed IMO due to injuries being the main factor. Sure other things have happened that certainly have not helped and the last month has left a terrible taste in our mouths but as a club I believe we can overcome it.

Maybe i am over reacting however i am also a realist, i try and look at it coldly. I know the injuries have been shocking. However our high performance team and training base is surely a factor here? At least to an extent

How are we going to attract members and sponsors next year with this utter shambolic and highly embarrassing end to the season on and off the pitch? We are a complete laughing stock in the press and in the rugby league public at the minute. Our members will go further down and our sponsors as well for a club that is cash strapped. We don’t even have 10k members, next year i will be susprised if thy get 6-7k.

Lets remember the NRL are already propping the club up. We have already come begging for help. Soon they will have control. Once they have control what is to stop them moving the team to Perth? It would make sense for them? It would make sense for the competition? It would maybe even make snense for the club i dont know.

Of course i want the team to stay in Sydney forever however I am also a realist. We are far below nearly all clubs in several areas (marquee players, sponsors, money, grounds, etc etc) A couple more years like this and we will be in quick sand.

• Well thought out post Eddie….This club has Fitzroy Lions circa mid 1990’s written all over it ATM…

I’d give it a few more years to see if we can turn it around with a new board, young playing group, possible permanent long term move to ANZ etc. but if we can’t make any traction then I think our viability/relevance in Sydney has to come into serious question…

In saying that the NRL surely wants a team assuming custodianship of the burgeoning south west region and no other team would do that without sacrificing at least in part connection to their own areas…I think Cronulla given they’re landlocked and in a non-growth region are still the logical choice for relocation…

• I’ve been having an out of body experience and thinking the same thoughts… It seems like we are on a downward spiral and I’m not sure a new coach, captain or CEO would make a difference.

That would be the end for me though, I don’t think I would bother following them.

Then again, having late starts for all your home games gives you plenty of time to get liquored up…

Which is nice

• Check your heads people. Tigers are not from Perth are you seriously saying you would support a team you could rarely see a home game with and weren’t born into. For me the tigers die if we move cities.

• Check your heads people. Tigers are not from Perth are you seriously saying you would support a team you could rarely see a home game with and weren’t born into. For me the tigers die if we move cities.

Recent Topics