The big difference this year

• In year gone by the Wests Tigers have Started slowly and came home with a charge only to fall just short of the eight. This has sent all us half baked crazy supporters into the off season full of hope hope and optimism for the next year. Some of us even crazy enough to start setting aside dates in September for the following year.

This years we had a couple of unbelievable results against real quality opposition early in the season only to see it rapidly fall apart in the back end of the year. Its such a negative way to end the year and really puts a boot into your supplies of optimism.

For me like most others I will be back in 2015, but the past month has really hit my enthusiasm for the club for six. All the negative vibes start to get to you after a while and I dont see much to get excited about.

After the last game the spin doctors will be out in force talking the joint up for 2015, but I dont see anything changing,sad really because supporting a team is all about hope and optimism, but I suppose you can call me a harden looser

• @supercoach:

In year gone by the Wests Tigers have Started slowly and came home with a charge only to fall just short of the eight. This has sent all us half baked crazy supporters into the off season full of hope hope and optimism for the next year. Some of us even crazy enough to start setting aside dates in September for the following year.

This years we had a couple of unbelievable results against real quality opposition early in the season only to see it rapidly fall apart in the back end of the year. Its such a negative way to end the year and really puts a boot into your supplies of optimism.

For me like most others I will be back in 2015, but the past month has really hit my enthusiasm for the club for six. All the negative vibes start to get to you after a while and I dont see much to get excited about.

After the last game the spin doctors will be out in force talking the joint up for 2015, but I dont see anything changing,sad really because supporting a team is all about hope and optimism, but I suppose you can call me a harden looser

I know exactly how you feel. I never thought I would miss a game in Sydney when the Tigers play. I think I’ve missed only 4 over the last 5 years. I am a platinum member. But, I never even considered going last night and my two regular footy mates didn’t go either.

It had nothing to do with it being a Thursday night game. It had everything to do with having had a gutfull of embarrassing efforts from my team. And, while we won the second half (hardly an endorsement of the Bulldogs’ title hopes), we were shot ducks well and truly by half-time.

I will go to Rd 26 at Leichhardt to show respect and appreciation for retiring players and. most probably, the last game of Mick Potter.

But it’s the lack of respect and appreciation shown by the team towards us fans that makes me angry. To capitulate like they have done over the last few weeks is disgraceful and it’s summed up by attitude, not skill level. Their attitude is self-centred. Their focus is on self-interest and point scoring in a power game off the field. I bet they spend almost NO TIME thinking about how we, fans and members, feel about this situation.

• IMO the powers within this organisation have to sit around a table and for one reason only and that is to make a decision whether the Weststigers continue into the future. These people have to be held accountable by the supporters of this organisation for there actions this season .
    Personally I have had a gut full , I am over this club and the morons that run it , I was not expecting miricales this season but was surprised at how well the guys went for the most part of the season.
    It took many many years to get me and my family back to become members again after the Sheens years , now after seeing the true colors of the people that run this club and witness there moronic behaviour we are now lost to this organisation on a membership level.
    Certain players and support staff also have to be held accountable , this season has shown one thing that self interest rules at the Weststigers right from the top through to the player ranks.
    My observations are held by many that support this club as many are friends , I can assure management of this club that the damage that has been done this season will take many many years to mend .
    Many of us supporters just want one thing that a decision has to be made whether this club is to move forward and if it does that ALL people involved want the same thing and work together to position this club to where it should be a giant in the game .

• Banned

Supercoach u will get enthusiastic again by next year.

I will be putting a lazy $20 on us to win the comp next year.

As crazy as this sounds, i think Potter has layed a good platform and if we get lucky with injuries and a new coach that clicks with the place then we WILL win the comp in 2015

• @king sirro:

As crazy as this sounds, i think Potter has layed a good platform and if we get lucky with injuries and a new coach that clicks with the place then we WILL win the comp in 2015

after probably the worst month in the clubs history both on and off the field, I like your positivety KS. it was always going to be a long season for the young blokes in the team and imo 2014 has been a character builder for the likes of brooks, teddy, moses, nofa etc but I am very confident about the weststigers chances for next season

• Following last season and coming into this, I was positive. While I would like to be, I can’t say that about next season. To me, if we are to have any chance, the club needs to demonstrate that it has learned something from the on and off field issues this season. Unfortunately that does not appear to be happening. We seem to be in shut down mode, particularly at higher levels. There also must be some tangible change to the fitness of players so that we can field a reasonably consistent team throughout the season.

• Putting aside the off field rubbish, I’m not too disappointed with the on field performance. But I am an accepter of mediocrity so things have to be put in perspective ! I didnt think we’d win too many this year and would probably finished around 14th …… so for most of the season they exceeded my expectations.
    Bring on 2015 I say … just need another forward and a couple of backs and better luck with injury and I reckon we could finish as high as 8th next year.

• @Blackpearl:

@king sirro:

after probably the worst month in the clubs history both on and off the field, I like your positivety KS. it was always going to be a long season for the young blokes in the team and imo 2014 has been a character builder for the likes of brooks, teddy, moses, nofa etc but I am very confident about the weststigers chances for next season

Agree with both posts.
    The team’s down on confidence.
    The young fellas won’t let these losses get in the way of their ambition.
    They’ll fire next year whether we’re confident or not.
    I just hope, as NT Tiger suggested, that at least something’s done to break the cycle of injuries - our only major obstacle for 2015, given the NRL will have sorted the board hopefully.

• There’s a lot of off field stuff that has to change unfortunately.

No new coach or even players will fix anything unless the back room is running properly.

They have to sort out the injuries issue, we’re just not giving ourselves a decent enough chance.

• Gee, I dont get the negativity about next year. If we keep players on the park, we have one of the hottest backlines in the competition - a backline which includes Austin in the centres and doesnt include Lawrence. And there is a lot to like about the forwards with Lodge really looking the goods at such a young age and Akoula also showing heaps of promise. My only big regret is the loss of Fulton, whose absence has really been noticed.

• @PYMBLEPETE:

Gee, I dont get the negativity about next year. If we keep players on the park, we have one of the hottest backlines in the competition - a backline which includes Austin in the centres and doesnt include Lawrence. And there is a lot to like about the forwards with Lodge really looking the goods at such a young age and Akoula also showing heaps of promise. My only big regret is the loss of Fulton, whose absence has really been noticed.

But that’s the big IF

IF we keep players on the paddock

And it never seems to happen , apart from a 3 month run in 2005

• Have a look at some of the dressings on our guys legs and arms….It looks as though a St. Johns Ambulance man from the sixties dressed them on the field when in fact they were looked after by our experts in the dressing room before they ran on for the first half. 😒

• While the money is minimal for memberships, the principal is the main thing.
    I wonder why should I support a club financially when they just piss my and all the other members money up against the wall……some players derailing their season themselves with self interest.
    I wont be renewing next year…

• People can talk about “at full strength” and “all our young guns” etc, etc. Its a pipe dream that it will all come together. This year it did for 6 rounds and that will be similar next year.

How about the same old issues like

• high performance unit struggles
    • run down facilities
    • no money to recruit players, sponsors, beef up football department
    • Farah’s fall out as captain. Do the boys look up to him?
    • Possible new coach, ceo etc
    • possible rookie coach
    • possibly nothing changes and the same people back stabbing each other are all still there.

With these intangibles its hard to see us challenging for the top 8

• I see a very very disprupted off season, with the club having to move the entire operation to god knows where, with more then likely a new coach and CEO tip toeing around all the mess….we will be on a hiding to nothing next year

Recent Topics