Moses' defence

• Banned

Couldn’t be happier the past 2 weeks with this kids defence.

Puts his body into it well and nailed Tony Williams a few times last night.

He looks an incredible talent to me…even better than Brooks. He needs to take on more of the kicking duties as his kicking game is great.

The last 2 weeks we have been soundly beaten yet he still has looked good, imagine how he will go next year when we dominate up front and he has Teddy, Simona and Nofo outside him.

• Banned

yes. Problem was tho he was shocking in attack. Didn’t get involved bad passes. I agree with potter now to have waited until next year to play first grade.

• Banned

I disagree littletiger.

Yes he threw some tough passes last night but thats to be expected by a rookie half in a well beaten team. Brooks has been doing it all year. Last week his attack was outstanding. Not many 5/8’s can look good in a well beaten team and he is.

I think the experience he has gained under very hard circumstances will help him enormously next year.

• I agree with KS , his defence has been far better than expected

Get the no look passes out of your game young man , play the percentages ,play smart

• ForumSupporter

He goes hard into contact and puts his body on the line…you cant ask for much more than that…in fact i feel he defends better in the front line than he did a fullback…keep up the good work Mitch…

As for his attack… the signs are definitely there…just needs to be more selective with his passing which will come with the more experience he gains…

• Brooks and Moses are showing real signs of class as of late - and two tries should have been scored off some great set plays, just let down by the second player involved being a little slow to the party - Akaoula was in no position to catch Moses cross field kick, and Brooks brilliant no look pass would have been snapped up by Tedesco any day of the week, where Hitchcox looked like he wasn’t ready for it.

Moses defence is noticeably better than Brooks - having said that Brooks may well have been still nursing his shoulder injury.

• If Moses can get through the next couple of games at 5/8 and with a full off season ,I am confident now that the most positive to come out of the season will be the Brooks / Moses combination moving forward, the kid is on a real heavy leaning curve ATM and making a few mistake but all in all it seems that the 5/8 spot is his next season.

• Moses wasn’t afraid to put his body in front of the big Bulldog forwards last night. With the right type of coaching the signs are there for a big year in 2015. Please Wests Tigers fans don’t be dismayed by what has happened in the past few weeks with regards to the coach and management issues. We will be a force to be reckoned with all the way through 2015 and beyond. However to achieve this we have to start cleaning up our current very serious coach and management issues immediately.

• There’s no denying it. These two kids are talented. They are still very young and raw, and will have plenty of rookie errors in their games for at least another 1-2years. But boy its going to be an exciting spine when teddy is back and we have some decent, healthy centres playing off them.

• “Brooks brilliant no look pass would have been snapped up by Tedesco any day of the week, where Hitchcox looked like he wasn’t ready for”

Your kidding are you not ? It went two foot over his head.

Moses is going fantastic and is definitely going places.

30-10
    About 90 more tackles
    11 sets of 6 less
    Bulldogs made 400m more ground of kicks then the tigers. Lot of young inexperienced players. Wet ground, rain pissing down.

I hope they stick with same team next week. Go from playing to genuine top 8 teams to playing the two bottom teams. Dry track then these guys can chalk up a win or two. Will do them the world of good

• I like his enthusiasm. You can see both Moses and Brooks are real competitors. It would be amazing to see the entire team have a solid injury free run to see how well we can go.

• we looked so much better in attack when these two played off the cuff - I am beginning to think Farah is stifling an already ordinary attack with his crossfield runs and turning the ball back inside - he needs to get back to early season form and let the kids run the show.

• Willow ill add two more to your list of real competitors
    Blake Austin and
    Jy Hitchcox certainly give it there all.

• Moses is the real deal his defence was very good last night. Looking forward to next year Brooks Moses and Tedesco but we need an overhaul in the Forwards so they can do their stuff.

• @Irvine:

Moses is the real deal his defence was very good last night. Looking forward to next year Brooks Moses and Tedesco but we need an overhaul in the Forwards so they can do their stuff.

What’s your take on the forwards Irvine? What sort of pack and bench would you be looking at for next year based on our playing stocks?

Recent Topics