The Season that was going to be....

• 😃 Lets look at the big picture here,at the start of the season the young Wests Tigers were sitting about fifth on the ladder when all and sundry said they would fight for the spoon….Not a bad place to be going into the 3rd part of the season,then the cursed injuries start hitting home and we start to struggle,however Potter keeps them together and we beat a couple of hot sides…still not bad and going reasonably…origin hits and a couple of more hiccups …but we bat on…THEN the internal review mid to late season,meeting called to sack the coach,which they didn’t,team goes backward on the back of this drama and I think therein lies the huge problem.If Potter had the team uninjured and no mid season review we are in the top 4 I don’t doubt that for a minute…hence we need the clean out …and the sooner the better…Give Potter another season he does deserve it and let him prove himself with a new board and fit FIRST grade team…(If some on here don’t agree please be kind to me if you bag me out it is only my perception of what has happened) 🙏

• I think the concern is we have only won four of our last 14 and we have the second worst for and against in the NRL

Defensively we need to stop the arm grabbing , start putting the shoulder in and blokes on their ass

We can make excuses for injuries and lack of combinations , but you can’t make excuses for lack of commitment in defence

That’s what hurts the most

• 😒 @ happy tiger,valid points you make,I think the young players still need to grasp the idea that their in the top side now and fundamental errors can absolutely cost you plenty, hence the bad scorelines lately.Instead of trying to be flashy– simply hold the ball and wait for a call from someone that is there ready to back you up.It all comes down to experience and the learning curve,hopefully they come out much better for this years experiences and will have gained lots. :Wests Tigers now and forever 😃 😃

• I think that the last month has given an impression of the season that is far worse than it has been.Admittedly we have been embarrassing in a couple of recent games but i feel three major turning points mean that we are in this position.Firstly after a decent start the injuries to Teddy and Liam Fulton meant changes to what was looking a settled team.Secondly our strength in depth is not deep enough to cover origin,and finally the off field issues with the possible sacking of Mick Potter and what or was not said by Robbie Farah added to a further long injury list has ended the season.I doubt Wayne Bennett could have made the 8 under such circumstances.

• We had a few very good wins, a few very lucky wins and a lot of thumping’s. Most of the experts tipped us to run last and they were close to the mark. Overall we have gone backwards this year, our defense is appalling, our completion rate is bad, our discipline is rubbish, 5th tackle options poor and the desire is missing.

They are the hard realities, forget the injuries, forget the backroom brawling, the team failed to deliver once again. Blind Freddie know their has to be a major overhaul of our whole football operation,players,coaches,rehab staff and facilities. I just have my doubts we have anyone with the guts to make the hard calls and start the ball rolling

• How people can say we’ve gone backwards this season is beyond me. We’ve beaten teams convincingly that we could only dream of beating in previous seasons (manly, souths, bulldogs). Shown unbelievable determination and commitment to win a few games we shouldn’t of won (parramatta, canberra, sharks, knights) plus we’ve introduced some good new players in tapau, lodge, austin and akauloa. Don’t let the events of the last month hinder your judgement, we just need to fix up our board (happening soon) and make a decision on the coach one way or the other (also happening soon) and i can see the light at the end of the tunnel in 2015.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @happy tiger:

I think the concern is we have only won four of our last 14 and we have the second worst for and against in the NRL

Defensively we need to stop the arm grabbing , start putting the shoulder in and blokes on their ass

We can make excuses for injuries and lack of combinations , but you can’t make excuses for lack of commitment in defence

That’s what hurts the most

This is so true.
    No use in having decent attack, if you aren’t able to stop your opponents 😊 😠 :brick:

Recent Topics