Defense

• Do you think Liam Fulton would make a good defensive coaches assistant?

The guy would tackle anything and could read the play well. Guess the boys club thing may be an issue, but the more I think about it, If the maturity is there, he could be a real asset for us in that role.

• I loved him as a player and his commitment couldn’t be questioned. I really believe the team would look different (attitude) now if he was still on the paddock. It comes down to; can he coach?
    Certainly the current playing roster would look up to him but there could also be too much familiarity. He would have to ensure that he formalises his changed relationship with the players. I wouldn’t have a problem with him in that role as long as he has some coaching/mentoring training.

• He will be at the club for another couple of years anyhow as per his varied contract, so it would not be a “boys club” appointment.

• I would back him - commitment is there in spades.
    If Kidwell is the defence coach - he needs to go (so that’s one empty space).

• We dont wrestle real good

• I wish they’d get rid of the 10 meter rule to get rid of the wrestle. Back to the future. Can’t see it ever happening though. Much better to have 60 or 70 points scored each game apparently. :crazy

• @innsaneink:

We dont wrestle real good

I think we wrestle ok. Not consistent but that can be expected with the young squad.

Our scramble defense is atrocious.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Suppose the biggest concern would be him getting another knock to the head , even as a defensive coach

• @happy tiger:

Suppose the biggest concern would be him getting another knock to the head , even as a defensive coach

More like he’d be banging his head on the desk out if frustration

• could he taken seriously in such a role?
    he’s a bit of a clown, isn’t he?
    strong defensive player either way, i’m sure the youngin’s could learn a thing or two from him.

• @Demps:

could he taken seriously in such a role?
    strong defensive player either way, i’m sure the youngin’s could learn a thing or two from him.

Yeh, don’t put you head hear

• @jctiger:

@Demps:

could he taken seriously in such a role?

Yeh, don’t put you head here

• Banned

@Russell:

I would back him - commitment is there in spades.
    If Kidwell is the defence coach - he needs to go (so that’s one empty space).

Yeah, I was stoked when Kidwell came on board, but our defence has gone from bad to worse under him. He was the defence coach at the Storm - what the hell happened between there and here???

As for the idea of Fulton taking over, well let’s put it this way - it wouldn’t hurt to try him out, we can’t get any worse!

Recent Topics