The Forgotten Man

• Banned

I’m probably starting to sound a lot like Milky here, but what about us making a play for Nathan Merritt for next season?

He’s the forgotten man of Rugby League at the moment. After breaking Souths all time try scoring record earlier in the year, he is now languishing in reserves - something I’m sure he wouldn’t be too happy about, after being an integral part of Souths finals charges over the past few years. I know he has defensive issues at times, but he is mighty fast and he sure can find the try line. Might be worth a shot, I reckon. Really, what have we got to lose? Our three quarter stocks aren’t looking too flash for next year.

• Forgotten because he is forgettable sorry Flip

Next please

• Definitely not what we need.
    We need outside backs who not only have pace and agility but we need them to be good defensively too. At this stage of his career all 3 of those characteristics are questionable when it comes to Merritt.

• Banned

I think he still has plenty of speed and agility, Sabre, but you’re right we do need good defensive wingers. The only thing is there isn’t any on the market and a lot of our guys coming through are too young, too small and not really ready for the rigours of first grade on a week to week basis, imo. Merritt at least has had plenty of experience - he would be a good depth signing I reckon, because right now these young guys are being thrown in because of injuries and they are floundering big time.

• I think one of our best options would be Matt Duffie, he’s spent this year on the sidelines with an ACL injury but he’s still young and has plenty to offer. He is fast and agile (prior to injury, who knows how he will go after his injury) and I rate him in defence too.
    He was weak in defence at one stage but I remember him improving that part of his game dramatically late last year.

• Banned

@Sabre:

I think one of our best options would be Matt Duffie, he’s spent this year on the sidelines with an ACL injury but he’s still young and has plenty to offer. He is fast and agile (prior to injury, who knows how he will go after his injury) and I rate him in defence too.
    He was weak in defence at one stage but I remember him improving that part of his game dramatically late last year.

Yes worth a look for sure. Injury plagued very young though - that’s the last thing this team needs! lol. Hopefully he can get over it and have an injury free run for a few seasons. Not sure of his present contract status with the Storm.

• i don’t think we will be signing a back by the looks of things hence why we got rid of Korrobete ,we will continue with the development of the 20’s .
    If it came to it i would much rather Korro over Merrit though

• @Flippedy:

@Sabre:

I think one of our best options would be Matt Duffie, he’s spent this year on the sidelines with an ACL injury but he’s still young and has plenty to offer. He is fast and agile (prior to injury, who knows how he will go after his injury) and I rate him in defence too.

Yes worth a look for sure. Injury plagued very young though - that’s the last thing this team needs! lol. Hopefully he can get over it and have an injury free run for a few seasons. Not sure of his present contract status with the Storm.

He’s doesn’t have a contract next year.

• Would love duffie, or mahe fauna

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Banned

@Sabre:

He’s doesn’t have a contract next year.

Get him back. He is exactly what we need.

Recent Topics