Who is quicker ,Paul or Curtis ??

• Wondering who people think is quicker between Paul and Curtis Sironen ??

In my opinion Paul is quicker than Curtis still

Thoughts ??

The reason I ask this is because I’d like Curtis to work on his speed in the off season

He quicker he gets , the stronger he will be and the harder he will be to tackle

• ForumSupporter

Ah it’s in the genes…Curtis by a nose

Good Thread… 😕

• @Geo.:

Good Thread… 😕

Or the jeans.
    Maybe Curtis should do a Lowes ad.

• I see Paul walking with Blocker regularly around my neighborhood. By the look of Paul these days, no way he has any speed left in him.

Oh, you mean in their heyday? I reckon Paul, just, probably by the thickness of electrical tape headband.

• @Geo.:

Good Thread… 😕

You don’t think Sirro Jnr needs to work on his speed Geo ??

In my opinion he would be one of the slower back rowers in the NRL

Of the top line back rowers SBW ,Guerra ,Sam Burgess ,Watmong , Cordner ,Gillett ,Jackson Curtis would be slower than them all

• IMO,Paul was quicker and made bullocking runs,Curtis needs some sprint training in the off season and I think he will develope nicely just like snr…don’t forget he had a bad run of injuries and over summer he should improve……

• If Paul’s quicker, Curtis is in trouble.

• If Paul is quicker then maybe Paul should take up our vacant wing spot this Saturday.

• Curtis suffers from evolution of the game.

He’s bigger and faster than his dad was - but it cancels out - as defenders are much better themselves these days.

Think about Sirros Try in the 89 grand final -

If it was Curtis in the same position against say Brett Stewart charging for the try line, Brett Stewart cuts him down on the ten metre line every day of the week.

• Easy: Paul. Omnipotent beings can do whatever they please.

• Curtis IMO is the slowest in the entire team. Speed is something you either have it or not. You can do sprint training but that’s not gonna improve you out of sight in a short period but if Siro wants to become a better player, he must do sprint training

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @tig_prmz:

Curtis IMO is the slowest in the entire team. Speed is something you either have it or not. You can do sprint training but that’s not gonna improve you out of sight in a short period but if Siro wants to become a better player, he must do sprint training

You’d be amazed just changing your length of stride can do in relation to speed in a short amount of time ,particularly if you overstride

Working on your speed off the mark is also important because you can reach your top speed quicker , probably one of the most important assets you can have on a football field

As Gus says consistently (but it is very true ) speed is power

The quicker we can get Curtis moving the more difficult proposition he will become , especially close to the line running angles

We haven’t even remotely tapped in Sironens potential as a weapon in my opinion

The quicker we can get the best out of Sirro the better off we will be

• I think Curtis is quicker, just. Paul certainly hits the line harder in attack and defence, but Curtis will fill out more yet and will be stronger next season still. I’d like to see him focus on some sprint training.

• Changing your stride length has it’s own ill effects. Over stride can mean he may strain his hammies.

The only thing that can be done is improving his fast twitch muscles so he can get some acceleration. I love this quote “if you wanna be an athlete, choose your parents wisely”. If Paul wasn’t fast, Curtis will have to work very hard to get some speed.

• @tig_prmz:

Changing your stride length has it’s own ill effects. Over stride can mean he may strain his hammies.

The only thing that can be done is improving his fast twitch muscles so he can get some acceleration. I love this quote “if you wanna be an athlete, choose your parents wisely”. If Paul wasn’t fast, Curtis will have to work very hard to get some speed.

Sirro Snr used to overstride and I wasn’t suggesting that he should over stride Prmz

Even changing his starting position before he takes off can change his initial acceleration which will help him get to his top speed faster

And if that is causing issues he just need to get deeper in attack to give him more time to get to top speed

The whole being an athlete and genes argument is true to a point , but if you aren’t prepared to work hard it won’t help

Having Marion Jones and Usain Bolt as parents would be an advantage to being quick but isn’t a guarantee

As my Maths teacher used to say ," there is more than one way to skin a cat"

Recent Topics