Our halves our future

• Lets face it.

The club is at a crossroads. We need to be semi final bound next year.

And is Brooks and Moses the pair to take us there? Brooks looks good enough as half now but his service to backs and kicking game is not quite there yet.

And Moses looks exciting but can he organize backs and is his defence up to it or with the free money Anasta,Moltzen and Fulton departures provide go for a gun 5/8.

If the club chooses wrong we miss semis for a couple years at least.

• I believe that brooks and Moses are both good enough to lead the way . Woods needs a decent partner in the forwards to set the stage . Galloway is a myth with his go forward and farah needs to take a back seat in the last tackle options IMO .

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Tedesco & Brooks carried us in the beginning of the season, if it wasn’t for Ted we would of been near the spoon.

• Brooks and Moses can’t do anything unless the big fellas up front can set a platform

• @Milky:

Tedesco & Brooks carried us in the beginning of the season, if it wasn’t for Ted we would of been near the spoon.

I agree milky , Ted’s a great support player for brooks , & with Moses their we should see some magic next year . IF they all stay fit ?

• The club has made it clear that Brooks and Moses are the future halves pairing moving forward. Throw in Tedesco and Manaia Cherrington and the Tigers have potentially one of the best spines in the comp in a couple of years.

• We need backup in the halves, we should make a play for Corey Thompson as a utility back.

• I think patience is the key , i have no doubt we will be there dancing in a year or 2 , and Moltzen is here next year , last year on his contract.

• @hobbo,Milky and Happy,agree with all of you and as I said earlier we need another good big forward to take them forward and a really well experienced centre so Brooks and Moses have a go to man willing to break the defensive line.I also said that I don’t have anything against Rowdy but I don’t think he is good enough anymore after the horrendous injury he had,his service over the years has been tremendous,time for the Mighty West Tigers to stamp some authority on the rest of the NRL wannabe premiers.

• Give it time it will come together
    A big rolling forward would help

• I know we are cash strapped, but a halves coach like Kimorley or Fittler could really bring these two along faster and help them learn there craft. Gee it would be nice to have a consistent kicking game.

• @Granto87:

I know we are cash strapped, but a halves coach like Kimorley or Fittler could really bring these two along faster and help them learn there craft. Gee it would be nice to have a consistent kicking game.

Couldn’t agree more , I’d love to have kimmorley on board ! He’s a gibberer but geeez he knows the game !

• Truth is the forwards are going forward not perhaps with the same authority as early in the year but still making meters.

But Brooks kicking game is poor by 1st grade standards and it is unusual that a half hasn’t won a MOM.

Simona did win us a couple last year and Richards can still rise to the occasion.

But our halves look good but would they play 1st grade at other top 8 clubs?

Feel the club cannot wait 2 or 3 years we need quick results.

Funny the only time back line clicked was on the odd occasion Anasta went well.

How good a Soward or Foran at 5/8.

• I believe Moses is leading our linebreak assists stat. Given they’re playmaking for rookies, forwards moonlighting as wingers and halves playing centre I think they’re doing fine. I certainly don’t think we’re where we are because they’re not going good enough. With Tedesco, Simona and Nofoaluma they’ll look much better. I’m pretty confident they’ll both play rep football in the future.

• IMHO, judgment of Brooks and especially Moses must be qualified by performance and choice of our FB, wingers and centers.
    We can have Thurston and Cronk but with Rowe at FB, Halatau and Patterson on wings and Lawrence and Lulia, please ?
    Moses did not play one game with Tedesco, Simona and Nofaluma.

I think Brooks and Moses would not be happy to wait 2-3 years, while we buy ‘band aid’ halves :bash

Recent Topics