Koro & Everything Else So Far

• If I was Koro I’d be having a big laugh at this time.

He wasn’t good enough to make our side…apparently had nothing to offer…and now he is killing it at the Storm. Koro will be playing finals football this year…we will be on mad monday, but in all honesty we have been on mad monday for 2-3 months now.

Koro is so bad that we play people like corey patterson and Akoula on the wings with absolute disastrous consequences. Koro is not perfect, he will make mistakes and miss tackles and occasionally be found out of position but you could say the same thing about lawrence, moltzen and so on and so on.

But what koro had was pure speed and that creates chances for the guys playing inside him as well. When the defence becomes more concerned about covering the speed on the wing…the centre has more room to move as well.

IMO the Tigers are a joke. Poor management, poor player retention, an undermining culture in the club towards all including players. I can only hope that this mess is sorted out quickly so that we don’t lose our future stars like brooks, moses, nofo, teddy and so on to the poisonous culture which has set in this club.

Our current performances on the field ( regardless of injuries ) shows the players aren’t 100% switched on…they play in patches and quite frankly its just a farce ATM.

I feel sorry for Potter as I think he has tried to swim against the tide and do something positive but in recent weeks its obvious the players aren’t playing for him either…its hard to see him being there in 2015.

The Admin…a complete and utter joke. The whole board and Mayer should go after the way they have derailed this club since Brian Smiths review appointment…it has done nothing but destabilise the club.

As far as the players are concerned…keep all the young guys including farah & woods…get rid of all the other dead wood.

As for Brian Smith…he has always been a de-stabilising force whenever he went to a club…he is known as a coach who changes the status quo at a club, he takes the good and smashes it, the ordinary and tries to enhance it but its never paid the ultimate dividend for any club. In all honesty no club can say that Brian Smith left the club in a better position than when he came in.

I’m only grateful that we don’t have Ricky Stuart at the club, he destroyed parra and now he is doing the same to Canberra. I suppose we should be at least grateful about that.

• @WTDiehard:

If I was Koro I’d be having a big laugh at this time.

He wasn’t good enough to make our side…apparently had nothing to offer…and now he is killing it at the Storm. Koro will be playing finals football this year…we will be on mad monday, but in all honesty we have been on mad monday for 2-3 months now.

Koro is so bad that we play people like corey patterson and Akoula on the wings with absolute disastrous consequences. Koro is not perfect, he will make mistakes and miss tackles and occasionally be found out of position but you could say the same thing about lawrence, moltzen and so on and so on.

But what koro had was pure speed and that creates chances for the guys playing inside him as well. When the defence becomes more concerned about covering the speed on the wing…the centre has more room to move as well.

IMO the Tigers are a joke. Poor management, poor player retention, an undermining culture in the club towards all including players. I can only hope that this mess is sorted out quickly so that we don’t lose our future stars like brooks, moses, nofo, teddy and so on to the poisonous culture which has set in this club.

Our current performances on the field ( regardless of injuries ) shows the players aren’t 100% switched on…they play in patches and quite frankly its just a farce ATM.

I feel sorry for Potter as I think he has tried to swim against the tide and do something positive but in recent weeks its obvious the players aren’t playing for him either…its hard to see him being there in 2015.

The Admin…a complete and utter joke. The whole board and Mayer should go after the way they have derailed this club since Brian Smiths review appointment…it has done nothing but destabilise the club.

As far as the players are concerned…keep all the young guys including farah & woods…get rid of all the other dead wood.

As for Brian Smith…he has always been a de-stabilising force whenever he went to a club…he is known as a coach who changes the status quo at a club, he takes the good and smashes it, the ordinary and tries to enhance it but its never paid the ultimate dividend for any club. In all honesty no club can say that Brian Smith left the club in a better position than when he came in.

I’m only grateful that we don’t have Ricky Stuart at the club, he destroyed parra and now he is doing the same to Canberra. I suppose we should be at least grateful about that.

Did you watch the Storm game??

He let in two tries last night and except for a lucky intercept, he would have let in three. There was a reason for letting him go and it was on full display last night.

As for poor player retention, do you even know the players that they have retained this year? I suggest you do a bit of research and find out before making dumb statements.

• He was a speed machine and a crowd favorite. People go to games to watch players like Koro.
    Unfortunately Mayer and Potter decided to keep duds like Rowe, Buchanan and Sirronen rather than true stars.
    One of the worst decisions ever made.
    He had a contract just like BMM that finished this year…Why was he let go ?

• You can blame who you like, our dysfunctional board,massive injury toll or what ever but at the end of the day it comes down to your playing roster. The scribes were tipping us for the spoon or their about, based on our roster at the start of the season and they were very close to the money. So for this club to move forward we need to be very smart on how we recruit and retrench.

The Koro thing, has to be something else not related to football, blind Freddy knew were were weak in the outside back department, yet we let Koro walk. Salary cap was not a issue as he was off contract at the end of the year. Although with Koro he still lets in a try for everyone he scores, and we do not have the “big three” to give him a saloon ride to the try line every week.

Anyway their will more of much the same in 2015 with out a couple of smart buys and of course a few players need to be shown the door

• I liked watching Koroibete run. I don’t like watching opponents run past Koroibete. I like watching Richards kick offs and the opponents trying to deal with them. I like watching Richards score lots of extra points. Hmm

• There are definitely players I would have let go before Koro …… at least we know he has speed, can run and can score a try … something we havent done enough of in recent weeks.

• @Irvine:

He was a speed machine and a crowd favorite. People go to games to watch players like Koro.
    Unfortunately Mayer and Potter decided to keep duds like Rowe, Buchanan and Sirronen rather than true stars.

None of those players are wingers so it’s not as though they were signed over Koro.

I do know Koro was filthy about not getting a start here hence the mid season release but tbh he didnt deserve one at the time. Nofa is twice the player and Richards was one of the form wingers in the comp for the first half of the season.

Sometimes you have too many players in a certain position and you lose 1. Its hardly a new thing and we are not the only club it happens to. Do you think dogs fans carry on the same way about Tapau?

• how the hell was ROWE AND LULIA retained in front of Korro both are as bad if not worse than Korro in defence, but at least Korro can score a try and returns the ball like a real front rower.

• @Bones:

@Irvine:

He was a speed machine and a crowd favorite. People go to games to watch players like Koro.

None of those players are wingers so it’s not as though they were signed over Koro.

I do know Koro was filthy about not getting a start here hence the mid season release but tbh he didnt deserve one at the time. Nofa is twice the player and Richards was one of the form wingers in the comp for the first half of the season.

Sometimes you have too many players in a certain position and you lose 1. Its hardly a new thing and we are not the only club it happens to. Do you think dogs fans carry on the same way about Tapau?

No because the Bulldogs seem to have an unlimited supply of players like Taupau wanting to play for them. But we only had one koro.

• Same thing is happening to Nathan Brown…a million injuries yet he is not given a go.
    Good luck in whatever you do next year Potter you will need it.

• @bp tiger:

how the hell was ROWE AND LULIA retained in front of Korro both are as bad if not worse than Korro in defence, but at least Korro can score a try and returns the ball like a real front rower.

My understanding was Melbourne were interested in Koroibete, that’s why he was offered a contract. I’m sure if they were interested in Rowe or Lulia, we would have let them go as well.
    Unfortunately they weren’t

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I like Koro, and am disappointed he left, I think alot of the issues around his defence (which was somewhat flawed) were exaggerated.
    However it is difficult to argue that Noffa and Richards were outperforming him at the time, you can only pick 2.

Koro wanted to play first grade, someone wanted him, he was taking up too much cap to be a reserve grader, it makes sense to let players go in that situation. Lulia and Rowe would be on the minimum contract and are back up player being paid a back player salary to sit in reserve grade.

• Hindsight is a beautiful thing (Koro) , everyone was screaming for him to be dropped .
    Our retention for Juniors has been superb . Patience is a Virtue

• Banned

@Goose:

However it is difficult to argue that Noffa and Richards were outperforming him at the time, you can only pick 2.

Richards never outperformed Koro as a winger. When you take Richards kicking game into account Richards might offer more but he looks too slow at the moment to be a first grade winger and I think he will be lucky to last another season.

I think it was a poor decision.

• Another sad, bad decision made this year. Whoever made the decision needs to be kicked out of WT the same as Koro was. Unfortunately, gross ineptitude equals Wests Tigers 2014.

Recent Topics