NYC Team Announcement: Round 25

• NYC Team Announcement: Round 25

Tue 26th August, 02:42PM

Wests Tigers NYC Head Coach Andrew Webster has named his side to take on the Canberra Raiders for their Round 25 clash on Saturday, August 30.

Kickoff for the match is scheduled for 3:15pm from GIO Stadium, Canberra.

After narrowly defeating the Bulldogs 24-22 in Round 24 to keep their top-four hopes alive, Wests Tigers will make the trip to Canberra this weekend desperate for another two points. Webster’s side might sit in sixth place heading into this weekend’s match, but incredibly, they’re just three points off the minor premiership and the first-placed Newcastle Knights.

And with several teams above them playing against each other this week, they’ll know that two points could well put them back in the top four heading into Round 26.

Wests Tigers got the points in a comprehensive victory at Campbelltown Sports Stadium when these two sides met in Round 16, but they’ll have to overcome a number of injuries this weekend when they take on the Raiders in the nation’s capital.

Captains Nathan Milone and Matthew Woods remain sidelined this week, while Andrew Kazzi joins the likes of Sione Alofi and Marion Seve on an injury list than seemingly gets longer as the season draws on. In some good news, though, Jordan Grant returns to the front row, having missed the last two weeks with a niggling bicep injury.

1. Jeremy Marshall-King
    2. John Tohi
    3. Watson Heleta
    4. Delouise Hoeter
    5. John Ogden
    6. Te Maire Martin
    7. Eli Levido
    8. Dallas Graham
    9. Manaia Cherrington (capt.)
    10. Jordan Grant
    11. Salesi Funaki
    12. Lamar Liolevave
    13. Tyler Cassel

Interchange
    14. Hala Masila
    15. Peter Ta’auso
    16. Mason Farrell
    19. Dwayne Lemafa
    24. Daniel Rakvin

Coach: Andrew Webster

• Still a pretty good looking side despite all the injuries they have at the moment. Tough road trip to Canberra, but if the forwards can hold their own, I reckon they can win this one.

• Should finish safely in the top 4 with two cellar dwellers to finish with.

• Banned

How does Marshall go at full back. I haven’t seen him play that much… is he any good?

• ForumSupporter

Always a cracking Match between these 2 sides…they don’t like each other

• @littletiger:

How does Marshall go at full back. I haven’t seen him play that much… is he any good?

Was about to ask the same question , last time I watched him play was last season

Must be going OK to be keeping Farrell out

Then again I get the distinct feeling that Webster’s not Farrell’s biggest fan either

• @happy tiger:

@littletiger:

Was about to ask the same question , last time I watched him play was last season

Then again I get the distinct feeling that Webster’s not Farrell’s biggest fan either

I would like to see Farrell play another position to see how he goes, I haven’t been impressed by anyone else in the backline apart from Tohi and Heleta in recent weeks. I would also like to see Marshall get an opportunity at 6 or 7 which are his preferred positions, our kicking game and creativity has been well below par.

• @flash:

@happy tiger:

@littletiger:

I would like to see Farrell play another position to see how he goes, I haven’t been impressed by anyone else in the backline apart from Tohi and Heleta in recent weeks. I would also like to see Marshall get an opportunity at 6 or 7 which are his preferred positions, our kicking game and creativity has been well below par.

Thanks for the feedback Flash , always insightful

Have another question for you

If you were to choose between Seve or Milone which way do you lean ??

• We didn’t really get to see much of Seve unfortunately but it would have been great to still have them both in the centres with Tohi and Heleta on the wings. I don’t think I could choose between the 2 of them to be honest but Milone is the more consistent performer.

• and to think Heleta was not even in the top 20 early in the season. Seve was the gun from qld and Heleta was just making the numbers up, how it changes.

• Seve was scoring at more than a try a game at the start of the season. And this was when the team was struggling before we brought in grant and lodge to fill the massive gap n the middle of the field. We were quite awful at the beginning of the season.

Seve was head and shoulders above the rest when i saw him earlier in the season. Would break 3-4 tackles every time he touched the ball… If fit he may well have scored 30+ tries by now.

The improvement in Heleta is remarkable but he’s also playing in a winning team.

Seve would be the best of our centres, followed by Heleta, and then Hoeter (maybe more a winger) and even Liolevave and eventually Milone would bring up the rears. He was a long way behind the performance of other players. So knowing the WT they’ll offer him a 3 year contract! In all honesty as strong as his off field leadership skills may be, he would struggle big time at NSW cup level, and given our existing talent he doesn’t have a spot except for maybe Ron Massey Cup.

• Banned

What happened to seve? Is he injured?

• yes a shoulder

• I hear that Seve may make a return in the finals, can anyone find out more, and what are his chances. I also hear that Moses may be able to play in the 20s finals.

• Didn’t Seve have a full shoulder reco? If so can’t imagine him coming back this year. Nice to dream though, a finals backline of:

1. Farrell/Marshall
    2. Tohi
    3. Seve
    4. Heleta
    5. Hoeter
    6. Martin
    7. Moses

Would probably be the best going round

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Recent Topics