Grant Mayer at his best.

• http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/8/audio-whats-wrong-with-wests-tigers/

if this is true Grant Mayer should have just left it until the end of the season to get rid of Mick Potter. Regardless of whether Mick stays or not, Grant , you need to go. :bash

• Copy and paste makes it easier on everyone

What’s going on at the Wests Tigers? After a flying start to the season, with wins over premiership heavyweights Manly and Souths, the Wests Tigers have limped home with just two wins from their last 10 games.

It does feel like if they’ve had any luck it’s been bad luck. It’s been injury after injury, dramas with players and at board level. And it’s not just this year, it’s last year too.

James Hooper from The Daily Telegraph has told Triple M NRL the Wests Tigers club have a lot of answer for.

“Where the Tigers went wrong was they were flying at the start of the season and then all of a sudden their CEO Grant Mayer decided he was going to conduct this coaching review and he was going to get Brian Smith in to see if Mick Potter should get a contract extension,” said Hooper.

"If you talk to any of the Tigers players [they] think from this point on that the entire season has been derailed.

“Mick Potter, the year before, there was a bit of a campaign to get rid of him and it failed and now here we are 12 months later and we’re basically going down the same road.”

Hooper added there is some frustration amongst players at the way Robbie has handled this situation over the course of the last couple of months.

“You can guarantee there are certainly some players at the Tigers that are a little frustrated at the way it’s been handled by the leader of their club,” he said.

Why did they call a review?

“The reason they had called the review is Grant Mayer had spoken to a number of key players at the club and the feedback that I believe he had been given was that they didn’t feel Mick was the right coach that was possibly going to take this brilliant roster with seasoned experienced players and hot youngsters to a premiership.” Listen to the full audio below.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/8/audio-whats-wrong-with-wests-tigers/

• Thanks…links don’t work from app.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• So Mayer was doing the work of some “senior players” and when the “senior players” were revealed as behind the push Mayer becomes the villain.

Maybe they’re right about Potter. I’ve yet to see much to suggest he’s that good. I think we won earlier in the season because of sheer talent, not anything he did in particular.

• @ GNR4LIFE and tigerbalm, np will do next time.
    Didn’t include the text as it didn’t cover the whole 9 minute audio, but will do in future.

bye bye Grant.

• @GNR4LIFE thanks for the info on Mayer,typical of him to throw a spanner in the works just as we were starting a bit of a surge albeit the injuries don’t help…on another topic, have you or anyone on the forum heard how the NRL is going selecting the last person for our new board…

• Tele is just s…t stirring.

Club operations review was ordered by NRL to help independents have an “independent” overview of club operations.

If Balmain didn’t have their woes there would be no independents and hence no review but we still would have lost those games because or shocking injury list.

• @Magpie Magic:

Tele is just s…t stirring.

Club operations review was ordered by NRL to help independents have an “independent” overview of club operations.

If Balmain didn’t have their woes there would be no independents and hence no review but we still would have lost those games because or shocking injury list.

Yeh thats how I thought it came about.

Its a bit hard for three new board members to arrive and make decisions with no background info on the goings on whatsoever.

• @innsaneink:

@Magpie Magic:

Tele is just s…t stirring.

Yeh thats how I thought it came about.

Its a bit hard for three new board members to arrive and make decisions with no background info on the goings on whatsoever.

It’s not like you would trust the current board to be presenting an honest, unbiased, independent view of whats been happening over the last few years

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Glad to be correct on the initial post. James Hooper is from the Daily Telegraph, I suppose i should have known better, seems the whole paper has it in for the Wests Tigers

• For me that paper is for amusement only if it doesn’t annoy you that is.

They done a good job derailing our season though.

• Hooper isn’t as bad as some of his scum mates at the DT

• Another hatchet job by the Telegraph and Triple M? What a surprise!

• The article lost me when it spoke about the brilliant roster??? Yes we have two SOO players, three kids who are being touted as the next best thing and a few solid players, but we also have our fair share of reserve grade standard players who are playing plenty of top grade games.

Than again anything from the Telecrap you take with a grain of salt

• Even if the article was correct, which it isn’t, they are trying to say that because there was a coaching review the players clocked off?

If my boss is having a review, I don’t just down tools in anticipation of them being axed. You still do your freaking job.

Recent Topics