Benji Watch

• The number of articles on Benji’s turnaround are growing - the daily shite is falling over itself to tell us how great Benji is since joining the Dragons. He is playing well no doubt and its a shame he didn’t have this attitude last year and he would probably still be in a Tigers jersey. Its just that I can’t stomach the daily excrement rubbing it in to WT any way they can.

• Banned

Bunji is a big bloody sook I have no time for the prick after how he played last year with his attitude all of a studden he is playing average / good footy ATM he showed his true colours in his last few years here like a spoilt little boy who didn’t get a toy at the shop that if things don’t go bunji’s way out comes the dummy …… Good ride nice I say

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• The truth is Benji is playing well. He is being a team player not trying to BE the team.

Unfortunately it took a couple of knock-downs for him to realise that he is not everything to a footy team.

His coach is tough (which will help) and smart - pretty much the only time he kicks is for his grubbers (which is pretty much the only kick he is any good at) and he gets the ball wider of the ruck.

If only he could have accepted this here, it would have been much better. But then again we would also probably have lost players too.

• @barra:

The truth is Benji is playing well. He is being a team player not trying to BE the team.

Unfortunately it took a couple of knock-downs for him to realise that he is not everything to a footy team.

His coach is tough (which will help) and smart - pretty much the only time he kicks is for his grubbers (which is pretty much the only kick he is any good at) and he gets the ball wider of the ruck.

If only he could have accepted this here, it would have been much better. But then again we would also probably have lost players too.

You made an important statement that Benji’s coach is tough and smart. Now as for Benji’s coach last year……

• Benji is now not the go to man every play, in fact the ball tends to go to Widdop on the left side about 60% of the time, so Benji is not over playing his hand.

Also like in most games over the past few years, he tends to dominate against the same sides, very very seldom you see him have a blinder against a top four outfit. That was not the case in his prime, but these days the highlight package tends to feature the same teams

• Good luck to him. If he was still here we would be even worst off than we are.

• I hate reading his articles but still end up reading them. He is just so full of bs.

• Benchy = DILLIGAF for me.

• Benji should be grateful to the Wests Tigers for kick starting his career again
    Tigers gave him a kick in the backside which he needed
    As far as the daily is concerned they always went on about Benji.
    Benji this Benji that
    Even when he played poorly for the Tigers
    Yes it is a shame but no big loss
    If you look at it he lost us more games than he won us games

• I wish him all the best.

We basically just got to a situation where neither the club nor him were benefiting from him being here.

• @nicoffu:

Benji should be grateful to the Wests Tigers for kick starting his career again
    Tigers gave him a kick in the backside which he needed
    As far as the daily is concerned they always went on about Benji.
    Benji this Benji that
    Even when he played poorly for the Tigers
    Yes it is a shame but no big loss
    If you look at it he lost us more games than he won us games

• ForumSupporter

Well he wont be playing finals footy this year,

• I do miss having hope we might have a last minute come back in us going in to second half…

• Banned

He still has a lot of talent and a heck of a lot to offer in the NRL. Mary is managing to get him to play with much more maturity, without squashing his ad-lib style of play, completely. I think Benji has learned of a lot more from his highly publicised and unsuccessful foray into Rugby than we all realise. Also, he was very stale here at the Tigers and really needed a change and after all the crap that has surfaced at this club in recent months, perhaps now we know why.

Recent Topics