What do we do with Lawrence...

• :rant I have read with interest the 2015 team,but I can’t help noticing Lawrence is out of favour,deservedly so,his form has been ordinary since the horrific injury he had.He has given us good service over the years but I can’t justify him getting 300,000.00 next year which could be spent on a centre with go forward ability,and help Brooks and Moses…any thoughts fellow forumers… 😃

• To my count his had 3 good games this year. We are lacking centres and he is signed for another 2 years. Nobody will pay close to his current pay so the answer is obvious imo

Here’s hoping another off season gets him back closer to his pre injury form 🙏

What I don’t understand is where his ability to set up the winger has gone. Hell half of Tuiaki’s try’s were from Lawrence.

• He is a shocking footballer. Cant catch, average defender, no pace. Just makes errors galore. At other clubs he would have been in reserve grade two seasons ago.

I called for him to retire 2 years ago and people were furious saying stick by him he will come good. Put a fork in him I don’t care how much money he is on. Just banish him.

There will be no turn around in his form. He will continue to have 1 decent game every 6 weeks to con some fans and the selectors.

• @TrueTiger:

:rant I have read with interest the 2015 team,but I can’t help noticing Lawrence is out of favour,deservedly so,his form has been ordinary since the horrific injury he had.He has given us good service over the years but I can’t justify him getting 300,000.00 next year which could be spent on a centre with go forward ability,and help Brooks and Moses…any thoughts fellow forumers… 😃

When is his contract up

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @nicoffu,2016 according to zero tackle ……

• An off-season training to be an edge backrower. I think his days as a centre are past him unfortunately.

He hits better 1-on-1 than most of our forwards and knows how to run a good line off a ballplayer. Could work. If it doesn’t we’re no worse off.

• Can he peel an orange ??

• He hit his peak before his hip injury
    Because of this injury He struggles with lateral movement
    Which makes it hard to defend and attack
    What you see is what you get
    It’s sad but you have to face reality???

• Well I think most people are being too hard on him.

For a start how settled has the backline been over the past two years - I don’t think the best centre in the NRL - Jamie Lyon would have performed much better. Apart from his own injuries he has had Koro running in off his wing, then being in no man’s land - and Rowdy having to try and take two people. On some occasions ending up taking nobody trying to cover for an incompetent defensive winger, who was also hopeless under a high ball. Thank God he is a thing of the past.

Then we have second rowers on the wing who have not known what is going on - he is tying to cover for them as well. On the inside we have (no fault of theirs) youngsters throwing wild passes at him or in Austin’s case most time hogging the ball - occasionally scoring a try but most times when something could be on - he goes himself.

I feel sorry for Rowdy in defence and attack - it must be a nightmare. If you are running good lines you need to get the ball at the right time in right place. Most times this is not happening,

However he is an easy target for abuse and like Blair and Anasta is copping it big time from this Forum.

What he needs is to be cut some slack - when we have a proper team and his performances are not up to standard then maybe he should be axed but let’s not crucify him for trying his best due to really bad team circumstances. He runs good lines and is a good defender and has 100% Tiger blood in his veins.

Give him a go when the team is going well - not when it is decimated with injuries and off field dramas.

• Glue factory for the old horse

• Move him to the back row. He’s a capable one on one defender, runs good lines and won’t need to be a ball player.

He’ll make the transition immediately & be more effective than Sironen.

I’d make Sironen shed a few kegs, do a heap of cardio, improve his lateral movement & one on one defence & play him at centre.

He’s got much better hands & passing than Lawrence

• @TrueTiger:

:rant I have read with interest the 2015 team,but I can’t help noticing Lawrence is out of favour,deservedly so,his form has been ordinary since the horrific injury he had.He has given us good service over the years but I can’t justify him getting 300,000.00 next year which could be spent on a centre with go forward ability,and help Brooks and Moses…any thoughts fellow forumers… 😃

I’m not sure where you got that figure from TT - every report I have ever heard about how much coin he is on is at least double that - I’d see how he goes next year after another long off season - if he doesn’t improve I’d shop him around and try and offload him before June with the option of us paying up to half his contract.
    As I write this I think how cruel this would be with the service he has given us but unfortunately this place needs to be run like a business to get back on top.

• @diedpretty,go to zero tackle and click the W.T. icon and go to player movements,it gives you a chart of who is on what money and how long for ….C. L awrence 2014-2015-2016 300k…

• @TrueTiger:

@diedpretty,go to zero tackle and click the W.T. icon and go to player movements,it gives you a chart of who is on what money and how long for ….C. L awrence 2014-2015-2016 300k…

If that is right which I seriously doubt then why are we even having this discussion - average money for an average footballer. Your not going to get a star for 300K - you may be lucky to score a youngster with promise or an old head who suddenly has a second wind and has a good season but more likely you are going to get a player of Lawrence’s standard.

• Banned

Who is our best hitter one on one…Lawrence

Who is the only one who runs courageous lines…Lawrence

Who takes the hard yards rather than just sitting back…Lawrence

We need a backrower who hits like a truck, we need a backrower with speed, we need a backrower who runs tough lines and we need a backrower who will get dirty with the hard yards.

Chris Lawrence will turn his career around as an edge backrower

Recent Topics