Worst players of the year?

• For mine,
    Blake Ayshford at the start of the year, but now the shonkies have crumbledand their whole squad would have to be the worst of the year.

The tigers as a whole for the back end of the season,
    Lawrence gets my vote though.

• I can only think of Chris Lawrence, cause it don’t matter how bad he plays he will be selected the following week, were other clubs drop there players when in bad form but not us for some anone reason.
    I suppose all the injuries we are having are helping him stay in the top grade

• Chris Lawrence

• On this website www.makingthenut.com.au they award a 3-2-1 each week for the worst player with the most points winning the Willie M medal at year’s end.

http://makingthenut.com/the-2014-willie-m-medal-round-24/

joint leaders are Josh McCrone and BJ Leulia. Lawrence is polling well and Ashyford was also prominent before he was dropped to NSW Cup.

• Boyd was pretty crap before origin.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I vote for the whole wests tigers side of the last 5 weeks for having no heart whatsoever.

• Ashyford and Lawrence are a tie in my opinion.

To think they were our centre combination.

We need a decent centre to have any hope next year

• On the Tigers front, Lawrence has been pretty average. Not as bad as last year though, he always looked like he was stuck in mud. This year he just hasn’t done anything.

Anasta was also useless most of the year. No spark. No nothing. I think he had 5 try assists prior to his injury? Austin has shown a lot more at 6.

Sironen has been woeful as well. His handling in particular. Should earn the nickname “Fumbles” in no time.

• Oh and Joel Luani was a pretty useless backup for Farah. That needs to be looked at for next year. Halatau would get my vote for now, depending on how Cherrington progresses. Austin could also be an option (although I have him ahead of Moses for the 6 jersey at the moment)

• Lawrence had a mixed bag this year,his bad games (the souths game comes to mind) were as probably as low as you can get, but he also had some games where he was one of our better players

I really do not like bagging Lawrence because even when he has a shocker, he has a go, I don’t see him putting up the white flag like others in the team. He has plenty of ticker it’s his skills that are letting him down and that may be partly attributed to the poor form of the team

• It’s hard to believe that for a season or two Lawrence and Ayshford were legitimately the best centre pairing in the game.

We know Lawrence has had injury worries but how the hell did Ayshford turn to crap so fast?

• @alex:

Oh and Joel Luani was a pretty useless backup for Farah. That needs to be looked at for next year. Halatau would get my vote for now, depending on how Cherrington progresses. Austin could also be an option (although I have him ahead of Moses for the 6 jersey at the moment)

I thought Luani looked OK last year, but was disappointed by his efforts this year. Seemed to lack some spark.

• 1 Blake Ayshford
    2 Reece Robinson
    3 Terry Campese

• @MacDougall:

It’s hard to believe that for a season or two Lawrence and Ayshford were legitimately the best centre pairing in the game.

We know Lawrence has had injury worries but how the hell did Ayshford turn to crap so fast?

Yeah for sure , i have fond memories of 2011 them being unbelievably good . It’s unbelievable how things have changed .
    You have to ride the Good times cause when the bad times come ? they really come
    Let’s hope for a great 2015 injury free

• Ayshford ended up a worse player than Dean Collis which is saying something.

As for worst players this year, for someone with such massive expectations, Ben Barba has failed miserably.

Recent Topics