Blocker Dumped by 2GB

• Big mouth cops the flick.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/steve-roach-sacked-by-2gb-over-staff-bullying-complaint-20140828-109h55.html#ixzz3BfKIBz88

Steve Roach has confirmed he has been sacked by radio station 2GB as a result of a bullying complaint made by a staff member.

The former Balmain Tigers, NSW State of Origin and Australian front-rower had spent 13 years with the Macquarie Radio Network, appearing on its top-rating weekend league show the Continous Call. Roach, 52, confirmed on Thursday his employment with the station had been terminated as a result of the incident with the male employee. He declined, however, to go into detail about the reasons behind his sacking.
    “I’ll talk at another time. I don’t really want to talk about it now. I’ll talk when I get the chance,” Roach said.

Roach’s departure from the program stems from an incident nearly a fortnight ago when he had an argument with a 2GB staffer in the lead-up to the station’s coverage of the Friday night western Sydney derby between Canterbury and Parramatta at ANZ Stadium.

He was then absent from the Continous Call team’s line-up the next day, having reportedly turned up to work but not going on air after what was described as a heated meeting with the show’s long-running host Ray Hadley. Roach was back on the program on the Sunday but his association with the network is now over.

Macquarie Radio Network managing director Russell Tate said on Thursday: “I’ll confirm that the contract has been terminated but I won’t make any further comment. It’s an internal matter. Steve can comment on whatever he wants to. It’s a matter that’s internal and it will remain that way.”

The former international made a successful transition from playing to broadcasting with Channel Nine before making the switch to radio after being sacked in 1999.
    The latest affair continues a tumultuous period for 2GB on-air talent after Hadley was embroiled in his own high-profile bullying drama last year.

• He was sacked by the BIGGEST BULLY in the business aka RAY HADLEY :wtf

• The whole show should be sacked. A load of crap.

• I’ve met Hadley … Biggest tosser ever !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Blocker is a knob, but surely if 2GB are sacking people for bullying, they’ve started with the wrong man.

• ForumSupporter

Recent Topics