Off Contract Back row Options

• We are short of a backrower or 2 - with Fulton and Anasta retiring, Thompson and Patterson off contract, BMM already gone. So who is still available and what do we think. I have stuck this to more established first graders to add some experience given Sironen, Sue, Akoula are all inexperienced

Bronson Harrison - Ex-Tiger, experienced yet still just 28 & players often return to old clubs
    Chris Houston - 29, experienced and hard working backrower although don’t like his history
    Taniela Lasalo - 24, 40 first grade games
    Tom leahroyd Lars- Ex origin, big powerful and hard running has struggled under Ricky Stuart but that might be the coach

Looking at these and at the 2 we have off contract in Thompson and Patterson - I think we should try and rap our 2 up if at all possible although the cap may stretch things, otherwise I would think Leahroyd Lars and Harrison could add some starch

• I think we’re pretty sweet for backrow options at the moment.

• @Boonboon2:

We are short of a backrower or 2 - with Fulton and Anasta retiring, Thompson and Patterson off contract, BMM already gone. So who is still available and what do we think. I have stuck this to more established first graders to add some experience given Sironen, Sue, Akoula are all inexperienced

Bronson Harrison - Ex-Tiger, experienced yet still just 28 & players often return to old clubs
    Chris Houston - 29, experienced and hard working backrower although don’t like his history
    Taniela Lasalo - 24, 40 first grade games
    Tom leahroyd Lars- Ex origin, big powerful and hard running has struggled under Ricky Stuart but that might be the coach

Looking at these and at the 2 we have off contract in Thompson and Patterson - I think we should try and rap our 2 up if at all possible although the cap may stretch things, otherwise I would think Leahroyd Lars and Harrison could add some starch

Look I can’t be sure , but seeing the Cowboys have signed Tanginoa they might be looking at letting Ethan Lowe go , possibly because of the betting scandal

He was progressing extremely well as an 80 minute player for the Cowboys

He’d be worth a look in my opinion

• @Sabre:

I think we’re pretty sweet for backrow options at the moment.

How do you figure we have
    Blair
    Akoula
    Sironen
    Sue

Thats it for 2015 with first grade experience as backrowers

We have lost
    Liam Fulton
    Ben Murdoch Masiala
    Braith Anasta
    Corey Patterson
    Bodene Thompson

So 4-5 backrowers down with only the promotion of Akoula so genuinely what makes you think we are sweet for backrowers

• @Boonboon2:

@Sabre:

Blair
    Akoula
    Sironen
    Sue

We have lost
    Liam Fulton
    Ben Murdoch Masiala
    Braith Anasta
    Corey Patterson
    Bodene Thompson

So 4-5 backrowers down with only the promotion of Akoula so genuinely what makes you think we are sweet for backrowers

You can add Halatau and possibly Santi and Lovett to players “we have”.
    As well as possibly Thompson and Patterson…we haven’t “lost” them yet, they still remained unsigned.
    We need outside backs more than we need backrowers.

• ForumSupporter

Have Bodene and Paterson signed elsewhere…missed it…Anasta was never a back rower played 3 games there for us…

I think Santi, Lovett and Inosesio offer plenty with a big off season training with the top Squad…throw in Lawrence who is basically plating like a back rower ATM and we’re covered

• I hope to see Lawrence make the switch lf backtow next year if we have centres in the top 25.

We can’t go in with Lawrence as our first choice centre next year

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @Sabre:

@Boonboon2:

@Sabre:

Blair
    Akoula
    Sironen
    Sue

We have lost
    Liam Fulton
    Ben Murdoch Masiala
    Braith Anasta
    Corey Patterson
    Bodene Thompson

You can add Halatau and possibly Santi and Lovett to players “we have”.
    As well as possibly Thompson and Patterson…we haven’t “lost” them yet, they still remained unsigned.
    We need outside backs more than we need backrowers.

For 100 years, forwards win matches, not backs.

Patterson retiring, Halatau, over the hill, Santi and Lovett, please.

Sironen and Sue, not first grade standard. Gavet, who knows? Thompson, who knows? Big Red, over the hill. Blair, a bit better than what he was, but not great. Akoula, rookie.

Not much either in the front or second rows. Some forwards please.

• after to night we need 10 new forwards, even Robbie was crap. our club is a complete mess.

• I dont mind Tom Symonds. Is he really off contract? Not huge, but great skill, decent speed and knows how to find a hole. Thoughts?

• @shakey4d:

I dont mind Tom Symonds. Is he really off contract? Not huge, but great skill, decent speed and knows how to find a hole. Thoughts?

Very underrated I’d take him for sure.

• @tigertye:

@shakey4d:

I dont mind Tom Symonds. Is he really off contract? Not huge, but great skill, decent speed and knows how to find a hole. Thoughts?

Very underrated I’d take him for sure.

He is a ranga

Ranga’s can’t play footy

• @bp tiger:

after to night we need 10 new forwards, even Robbie was crap. our club is a complete mess.

Everyone knows our club is a complete mess but why is club management, i.e. Mayer, so very quiet during this very critical period of the club’s history? I believe that the club management doesn’t want to make public it’s serious financial problems which could drastically limit any new player signings for 2015. Unfortunately it would appear that a good number of the club’s supporters are oblivious to this likely financial scenario.

Recent Topics