Are you prepared to admit this JV is a failure?

• Please leave your Black, White and Orange glasses at the door.

We have been a club since 2000, thats 15 seasons. 15 seasons and only 3 finals appearances, the worst finals record in that time in the competition. The fans hate each other, the boards hate each other, we have no money, one half of the JV is on its death bed financially. We play at 3 home grounds, playing 8 games a yr at the traditional grounds as a token gesture. Besides our junior growth areas, that other sides in the past have tried to hijack, there isn’t one thing any other side in the competition would envy about us.

So be honest with yourselves, no sugarcoating, and no being bias, we haven’t been a success. Yeah, we won a comp, but i think all the negatives outweigh that positive. If you don’t think we’re a failure, i’m curious to know the reasons why.

Thoughts?

• IMO we wouldn’t have won a comp if we were always a complete failure. Having said that, this is the first time in our history that I am embarrassed to be WT supporter, our club is a pitiful joke from the board down. The handling errors and missed tackles we produce on a weekly basis is just disgusting. It must be hard for Potter not to just walk away, even in the middle of a game as pathetic as this one versus Canberra.

• ForumSupporter

No Sharks …never one a Comp in their history is a failure

• When Tigers are based in Perth the JV is a failure. It hasn’t been managed well but hasn’t failed, yet.

• Well seeing as the NRL has had to take control of the board, its hard to argue otherwise.

• @gallagher:

Well seeing as the NRL has had to take control of the board, its hard to argue otherwise.

not really…. we could have kept it in house but Balmain couldnt bare to lose a seat to Wests. Funnily though the little hail mary dash to the NRL backfired with harsher stipulations than the Wests money had.

• Keep the Wests vs Balmain crap out of it Black and White ffs

• I didn’t see any in-fighting while we were winning. Don’t give up just yet. New board coming soon & our young blokes will get better!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @Black’n’White:

@gallagher:

Well seeing as the NRL has had to take control of the board, its hard to argue otherwise.

not really…. we could have kept it in house but Balmain couldnt bare to lose a seat to Wests. Funnily though the little hail mary dash to the NRL backfired with harsher stipulations than the Wests money had.

…and there is the divisive comment he was waiting for.

• GNR4Life,I don’t think we are a failure we just haven’t had real stability from the outset.If we clean the boardroom garbage up then I think we will be a force to reckon with.The JV in my opinion has huge potential if managed and maintained properly.We can only hope the new Independant board can produce some SANITY or we just keep going backwards :bash :bash

• Banned

No.

• No, its the truth… you cannot judge the JV as a failure because the NRL will be taking control, that was an option we chose, not forced upon us.

Jeebus, I directly quoted Gallagher to correct the assumption that NRL had to take control.

I apologise, I wasnt aware the thread was supposed to be fictional and based on untruths. Maybe put it in the footnotes next time.

• If we haven’t turned it around in three years I would class us as a failure then

We are bloody close though

• @GNR4LIFE:

Please leave your Black, White and Orange glasses at the door.

We have been a club since 2000, thats 15 seasons. 15 seasons and only 3 finals appearances, the worst finals record in that time in the competition. The fans hate each other, the boards hate each other, we have no money, one half of the JV is on its death bed financially. We play at 3 home grounds, playing 8 games a yr at the traditional grounds as a token gesture. Besides our junior growth areas, that other sides in the past have tried to hijack, there isn’t one thing any other side in the competition would envy about us.

So be honest with yourselves, no sugarcoating, and no being bias, we haven’t been a success. Yeah, we won a comp, but i think all the negatives outweigh that positive. If you don’t think we’re a failure, i’m curious to know the reasons why.

Thoughts?

We have more rotten eggs in our basket than the Easter bunny in October . I’m so sick of being the basket case of the NRL … Something’s got to give !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• The most annoying thing about the joint venture for me at the moment is that there are people out there, and on this forum, FROM BOTH SIDES of the JV that would rather drive each other into the ground and have NO ONE to support than work things out sensibly.

Such petulant little a***holes. I can’t have what I want, so I’m going to stuff it up for everyone.

No matter how hard you try, WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES will not reappear.
    No matter how hard you try, BALMAIN TIGERS will not reappear.

I’d rather support half a side than NOTHING AT ALL! Are you tools listening! Get together or bugger off and support some other team, because your foundation clubs are GONE in the top grade.!!! As a previous Balmain supporter, but a very loyal and desperate Wests Tigers supporter for the past 15 years, LEAVE MY TEAM ALONE!

Recent Topics