Do we need a new CEO, Coach and Captain?

• Its tough times. . We all know the injury toll in relentless. Bordering on farcical. It’s hard for anyone to look good in this situation. However sometimes other clubs seem to find strength in adversity. We seem like we can not cope with any adversity. We don’t even put up a fight. We jst fly the white flag and feel sorry for ourselves.

CEO - This man was MR.Everywhere earlier in the season. All over twitter, in the media and out and about. Now when the club needs leadership he seems to have gone MIA. Have to question his motives re Farah video supporting Potter. To be he just looks like he would be better off in marketing or sales. Where is skills would be better utilised. He is not a leader and the way our club has been beset by controversy, infighting and back stabbing proves it.

COACH - Yes he has been the victim of some politics. Yes he has had way too many injuries to make the Top 8. Howver he doesn’t seem like he can even inspire half a perofrmance from them. We have been beaten 13+ six games on the trot. If we didn’t jag a couple of flukey wins mid season we would be looking at 2 years in a row of 15th place. Then Potter sits there in the press conferences looking non plussed. Maybe we need a coach who is not a nice guy/good bloke. Whatever you think of Potter the players are not trying for him and that is an issue.

CAPTAIN - Robbie has been the heart and soul for years. However he looks beyond deflated. He looks like he can’t be bothered trying to turn it around. There is no talk behind the posts, no energy out of dummy half. I understand he would be mentally and physically drained. With origin on the cards the next 2 seasons maybe we need a new leader. A bloke that is not so emotional and prone to outbursts and whinging. I have been his biggest fan and still am to an extent however he looks jack of it. And that is not good enough from the club captain. Don’t ask me who is a candidate, i can’t for the life of me see one.

I am not saying sack them all. Merely pointing out that under big adversity over the past 6 weeks none of our leaders have come out fighting. Its just been a white flag since the Dragons suicide day. We need some leaders of men, some blokes that won’t accept raising the white flag. I know its almost impossible to win with the injuries we have, but we don’t even show any team work, any fight or any thing to give the fans faith.

The early season form seems a lifetime ago.

• ForumSupporter

Yes of course and the super candidates are lining up and falling over themselves to get involved…

• We need a new board. Everything else will sought itself out!

• True it starts from the top. However it seems the easy out to just blame the board for everything. Players, coaches and ceos need to have individual standards and not easy excuses.

• Good post everyone seems to be just biding their time waiting for the day…mad monday

Theyve all given up, quit…yet they’ll expect me and everyone else to cough up our $$$ next year for a membership.

LOL…yeh right

• Im not a big fan of wholesale changes because you never get to the exact root of the problem, though seeing as the media storm that got way out of hand coincided with the capitulation in form, Mayer would be the first cab off the rank to be punted. Do so in a very public manner to educate him about the power of controlling the media, the very facet of his job he completely failed the club in.

• Mayer and the Boards blunders in a weird way have helped Potter.

Otherwise the blow torch would be on him after some pathetic displays. 6 straight losses by 13 + points.

Now everyone just feels sorry for him. I supported Potts most the past 2 seasons however his failure to even just half a rise out of our mob makes me wonder. Makes me wonder what the diff will be next year with the same blokes.

• @Eddie:

CEO - This man was MR.Everywhere earlier in the season. All over twitter, in the media and out and about. Now when the club needs leadership he seems to have gone MIA. Have to question his motives re Farah video supporting Potter. To be he just looks like he would be better off in marketing or sales. Where is skills would be better utilised. He is not a leader and the way our club has been beset by controversy, infighting and back stabbing proves it.

Enough said.

@Eddie:

COACH - Yes he has been the victim of some politics. Yes he has had way too many injuries to make the Top 8.

Forced to play a mixed bag of inexperienced players each week with little on field leadership (Fulton gone, Farah in denial).
    Can’t blame him for the train wreck. Keep him.

@Eddie:

CAPTAIN - Robbie has been the heart and soul for years. However he looks beyond deflated. He looks like he can’t be bothered trying to turn it around. There is no talk behind the posts, no energy out of dummy half. I understand he would be mentally and physically drained.

Farah had the team charging early in the season and then was injured and off the field. Off to origin where he was a major contributor to NSW halting QLD dominance. He would have been on a huge high. Then back to WT where his comments were about getting the season back on track. Then injuries, injuries, injuries. New player combinations all over the paddock. BS media from some idiot trying to destabilise the season to get at Potter.
    Any wonder his mental resilience has taken a battering? Keep him.

• Yep Potters beginning …well a while ago really, started to lose me…I dont know…I really dont know

I know weve financial concerns re: the coach (Potter on peanuts) but I think its clear we need a hard experienced, coach…from outside not within…someone else mentioned Henry who I hear has good raps, or griffin
    To hell with the ‘‘can we afford them’’…its vital…just gotta find to dosh somehow

• A great post Eddie. You’ve summed up how a lot of us feel, I think.

That you don’t have all the answers is symptomatic of the frustration that we don’t know who to blame; we don’t know why it is like it is.

We all have our thoughts and our theories but, who (of us fans and members) truly knows? So, I don’t know what the club will have to do to give me some confidence for 2015 and beyond.

Unless it’s COMPLETELY to do with the impact of injuries and NOTHING to do with incompetence/self-interest of Coach and/or CEO and/or Captain and/or senior players, then something has to change.

I hope it’s evidence based change by those who DO know.

• Banned

@innsaneink:

Good post everyone seems to be just biding their time waiting for the day…mad monday

Theyve all given up, quit…yet they’ll expect me and everyone else to cough up our $$$ next year for a membership.

LOL…yeh right

Exactly…as a member for 4 years, this year I feel “ripped off” by the players and club…I’ll have a long hard think before i dip my hands in my pocket for membership for 2015…I would need to much some +ve changes first!..and for me that means new board, CEO, Coaching staff and possibly captain.

• When we were going well Mayer was everywhere, Now we dont see him, so theres the answer. Potter i feel sorry for but i think he has to go or we will have more of the same, No coach from inside, Lets find the Money & sign Griffin. While @ it sign Copley & Dodds from the Broncos, I know, where is the Money coming from? I dont know just find it .

• First we need a Leagues Club before we can attract a new Leader, Then a new coach - go for Griffin as he has experience with under 20 Boys, with our young boys he can win a flag with them within 2-3 years, we also need a new centre with some size as Laurence has past his prime

• Our Captain is more concerned about making social commentaries about the fad that ice bucket challenges have become. Sums up how we are as a club tbh,

• @GNR4LIFE:

Our Captain is more concerned about making social commentaries about the fad that ice bucket challenges have become. Sums up how we are as a club tbh,

…… DILUTED !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Recent Topics