Should we sell to Koukash?

• Credit to our very own azsportza

To Dr. Marwan Koukash,

I’m a Wests Tigers member and passionate supporter of the club and I’m writing this because I’ve had enough, the fan base has had enough. Wests Tigers have been described as a basket case and rightly so. We need your help. We need unity.

The club is struggling. It continues to sink under the weight of debt and run-down facilities at its Concord Oval headquarters. Wests Tigers are a proud club and their supporters are some of the most vocal and passionate in the NRL, but we need and want change.

The joint venture has been fighting to stay afloat for 15 years since it was formed in 2000. Outside of a blimp on the radar that was the 2005 NRL Premiership, the club has been a hopeless when it has come to management. We need leadership!

One side of the joint venture is only being propped up by the NRL’s generous hand providing funds to cover their debts. The board is a mess with NRL CEO Dave Smith still to appoint three independent directors. What we need is someone who has a strong business sense, as well as a passion for the game. Qualities you certain bring the table.

You have proven yourself at Salford and your abilities have brought new life to the English club. Wests Tigers fans are ready for you to take the reins.

You told the Sydney Morning Herald you want to own a Rugby League team, if not completely, at least become a part owner. Wests Tigers need someone to come in and rebuild from the ground up. We have one of the largest junior talent footprints in Sydney, and our fan base is just as expansive. Our brand is desirable, marketable and sits across an area with untapped potential.

Your attitude is what Wests Tigers needs. I believe your heart is in the right place and you are wanting to buy into a team for the right reasons. It’s not about cashing in on an investment and you have said you want to make Rugby League a global sport. If you are ready to get your hands dirty and make a real impact on the NRL, Wests Tigers is a place you could turn into a powerhouse.

The supporters are ready to finally stand and be proud of the club. You are setting up a fan advisory panel at Salford, and that is the thinking we need at Wests Tigers. For years members and fans have been overlooked, if you give Wests Tigers fans a chance to be heard, they will back you all the way.

We need leadership from someone who is ready unify the club, one club, on future. We hope that is you.

Kind regards,
    Aaron Thomas
    Wests Tigers Member

• Banned

Please forward that to him now milky

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @MAFIA:

Azsportza tweeted it to him, he replied with

“Very keen, see you soon.”

• @Milky:

@MAFIA:

Azsportza tweeted it to him, he replied with

“Very keen, see you soon.”

Wow thats a positive reply! does he mean see you soon in terms of negotiations?

Quick note on the letter, “Qualities you certain bring the table.” it should be ‘certainly bring to the table’ i believe :slight_smile:

• Who’s in support of selling the club, not me. While one partner has money, no sale. Geez some are getting desperate.

• @tigermaniac:

Who’s in support of selling the club, not me. While one partner has money, no sale. Geez some are getting desperate.

It’s just a pipe dream mate …. Who would want to invest in this rabble ??

• @tigermaniac:

Who’s in support of selling the club, not me. While one partner has money, no sale. Geez some are getting desperate.

the club has very little money, balmain is millions in debt and struggling to pay it back and wests is doing okay.

Compare that to Koukash who would probably have hundreds of millions sitting in bank accounts and hundreds of millions more in shares that can easily be turned into cash as well. He will turn us into a Roosters, Souths or Broncos. A club with strong financials, expansive fanbase and most importantly A WELL RUN CLUB.

its little wonder we’ve probably picked up 2 or 3 good signings in 15 years. Ellis, Tuqiri and Blair (at the time).

• He’s a rich man by being smart with his money. The bottom line would be to make more money. If Perth is seen as a logical move to make the WT a success would you buy into it.

• @tigermaniac:

He’s a rich man by being smart with his money. The bottom line would be to make more money. If Perth is seen as a logical move to make the WT a success would you buy into it.

These guys see opportunities when most others see weakness.

• ForumSupporter

@tigermaniac:

We could always wear our jersey’s inside out…

• Banned

The first task of this new board should be to go to Koukash with a proposal to buy out the club…

• @tigermaniac:

Does that one partner have enough money to get us a good coach? Enough money to get us out of a second tier rugby training facility? Enough money to invest in rehab and sports science technology.

I don’t care about how much money balmain has and I don’t care how much wests have. They couldn’t bring us what Dr Koukash could immediately over a lifetime.

Selling to Koukash is in the best interests of the WESTS TIGERS

• The best thing going forward for this club is to change the ownership from a joint venture to a single club. Wests and Balmain have shown for the last 15 years they can’t work side by side. The only way forward is for ownership to go to a new party. I’m all for private ownership by Koukash

• YES!
    & hopefully it means that we can lock wests and balmain away in a cupboard somewhere (probably separate cupboards for safety) and just wheel them out at historical celebrations. Like dysfunctional relatives at a Christmas party.

• Banned

Thats a well said and very constructive letter by Aaron Thomas, well done Aaron if your reading.

Its a shame the good sentiment is already being ruined by these professional forum agitators. Every decent and well intentioned thread is ruined lately by these guys. Its a disgrace! It was understandable in the early transitional years of the joint venture but now, now its just another ugly by-product of what happens when a club is lacking direction and leadership.

Recent Topics