Anasta on BSB

• Just listened to interview with Braith on BSB - couple of points:

• Austin possibly going to Canberra
    • Said he would like to see Potter given 1 year with a fit squad and live or die by results.
    • would like a minor role with the club and possibly look at coaching in the future.

We have all been talking about a halves coach - maybe we should be just offering the position to Braith.

• Banned

@diedpretty:

Just listened to interview with Braith on BSB - couple of points:

• Said he would like to see Potter given 1 year with a fit squad and live or die by results.
    • would like a minor role with the club and possibly look at coaching in the future.

We have all been talking about a halves coach - maybe we should be just offering the position to Braith.

To be a good halves coach you first must be a good half yourself.

• @alexaki:

@diedpretty:

Everyone belittles Anasta’s contribution to NRL - the guy played 15 years in the top grade and represented Australia and NSW in SOO. He must have had some ability or had a lot of dirt on a lot of people.

• Austin to Canberra is crazy. Apart from being the best palyer in the team this year, he is also durable which is something that most of our pups are lacking….

Crazy crazy decision by a crazy crazy crazy board…

Perhaps they can swap him for Campese and have another Braith Anasta for the next 2 years…

• @Diedpretty,good call,I also think he contributed to Brooks settling in to NRL standard of football and helped him immensely ……

• Having someone like Braith would be good for a year or two guiding the kids through, but I feel his future will continue in the media.

• The club wants to keep Austin, Austin wants to leave to get a permanent number 6 jumper. I dont blame the club for not giving him a permanent number 6 jumper because our future is Moses/Brooks in the halves and I dont see the point in tip toeing around it. Throw them both in there next year from the start and just ride out the good with the bad. I dont blame Austin either, he’s good enough to play a regular number 6. If this is what makes Austin happy, thanks for everything and good luck to him.

• I have not heard Austin say he is interested in the Raiders. Sounds like a bit of a defeatist attitude to me. I doubt that Austin would say that he wants to leave because Mitchell Moses is too good for him and he cannot beat him for the 6 jersey!

Competition for positions is healthy and promotes success, so why would Wests Tigers let Austin leave and in doing so weaken their halves depth unless they were concerned about losing Martin.

As for Anasta, no doubt he provided some beneficial input during his time at the club but I don’t see why he would deserve a “jobs for the boys” position above someone like Liam Fulton.

• @alexaki:

@diedpretty:

Haha! Snap!

• Parish is Asst NSW Coach. If he gets the gig anybody saying “Robbie wanted to stay out of the Coaching decision” is a complete and utter moron. Once again,as well as being our greatest player,he is our CEO.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Moses should go back to reggies for at least 1 more year, he’s still a year off 1st grade. Kepp Austin at 5/8. He has consistently been our best player this year, always looked dangerous and never gets injured. Keep him keep him keep him

• Austin only has a 1 year contract with us. Once he fulfills his obligations he is free to do whatever he chooses. No-one knows what is going on behind the scenes but what I’m guessing is that his management has probably approached the club about the possibility of Austin playing number 6 permanently and the club have probably told him they cant guarantee that, so they’re probably looking elsewhere. This has nothing to do with Austin accepting that Moses is a better player than him.

If I were an official at the Raiders, I’d be all over him like a leech. He would be their best player next year.

• @Chris:

Austin only has a 1 year contract with us. Once he fulfills his obligations he is free to do whatever he chooses. No-one knows what is going on behind the scenes but what I’m guessing is that his management has probably approached the club about the possibility of Austin playing number 6 permanently and the club have probably told him they cant guarantee that, so they’re probably looking elsewhere. This has nothing to do with Austin accepting that Moses is a better player than him.

If I were an official at the Raiders, I’d be all over him like a leech. He would be their best player next year.

Austin has a 2 year deal (there was a second year option I believe) which is more lucrative for him in the second year. Canberra still have more cash than we do though and if Blake is demanding to start at 6 next year (and I don’t blame him for doing so), then he may just end up playing in the village as the club will start Moses and Brooks together next season.

• Players demanding positions is what got us into this whole mess!

• @tiga4eva:

Parish is Asst NSW Coach. If he gets the gig anybody saying “Robbie wanted to stay out of the Coaching decision” is a complete and utter moron. Once again,as well as being our greatest player,he is our CEO.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

You could be onto something there. Power often goes to people’s heads.

Recent Topics