New Board to be Announced Within a few Days

• I heard NRL’s Dave Smith announce on radio 2GB news this morning that the new Wests Tigers board will be announced in the next few days. I don’t know whether anybody else has information on this

• They’ve been saying that since January.

I wonder what will happen first. We get a new board or hell freezes over?

• @alex:

They’ve been saying that since January.

theyve never said it will be announced in a few days. mayer said during the farah saga, its a month or two away.

• @pHyR3:

@alex:

They’ve been saying that since January.

theyve never said it will be announced in a few days. mayer said during the farah saga, its a month or two away.

This is the latest printed media report I could find;

NRL CEO Dave Smith says Wests Tigers fans ‘deserve better’ than the ongoing dramas at the club

Paul Crawley
    The Daily Telegraph
    August 09, 2014 12:00AM

The NRL is hoping to have the new board in place before the finals and if that turns out to be the case it could also end up saving Potter his job.

The current board issued a statement on July 27 declaring contract negotiations with Potter would be put on hold until the side’s 2014 campaign came to an end.

The new board will consist of five people initially with two nominations from the Wests side of the joint venture and three directors to be independently selected by the NRL who will hold the balance of power.

Balmain will also have two directors but their roles will be suspended until they meet a capital guarantee of $2 million. The eventual aim is for a seven-member board.

• Right during the finals they’ll announce a new board aye?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Hopefully some competent peeps that will put us in the right direction….
    & lock up Austin long term.

• I feel that it was probable the right thing to let the season play out with what has happened , at least in some respects it is a clean slate (the board that is).But it is interesting that players are being given notice about next season.So again dysfunctional actions taken by the board or who ever is running the club with out a new board or coach for next season,what the hell is going on with this organisation!
    And just around the corner your membership packages will be on your door steps you just have to shake your head .

• They’re probaly waiting until the current round of ICAC hearings are over,LOL,lots of rumours some former Balmain personalities are being investigated for improper dealings with Politicians & State Govt. employees in general.Time will tell.

• Such actions (i.e. letting contracted players negotiated with other clubs before a new coach is announced) is further evidence - as if it were needed - that the CEO is incompetent to run a football club. Little wonder the Sea Eagles got shot of him. Regardless of the quality of those players, it should be totally up to the coaching staff as to who they see as preferred squad members. Plain dumb!

• The only thing and name that has popped up regularly is Junior Pearce’s

I can’t confirm this , its just what I have heard occasionally

• the whole hold up surround’s not been able to find a women to sit on the board. why the hell do we have to curtail to political correctness in having a female on the board I ant against a female but the world has gone mad.

• @happy tiger:

The only thing and name that has popped up regularly is Junior Pearce’s

Junior’s on the board of ARLC. Surely it would be a conflict of interest having a foot in both camps.

• I’m sure I’ll be underwhelmed when this announcements made

• Triple m are saying tomorrow but they’re generally about as reliable as the telecrap
    http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/9/wests-tigers-board-announced-tomorrow-morning/
    The Wests Tigers will unveil their new-look board tomorrow as they begin making decisions on the future of the club.

The incoming board members were selected independently by the NRL to reduce the stand-off between Balmain and the Western Suburbs.

“They will have five independent board members, two of them are women and the two western suburbs representative members, there’s two Balmain representatives on the board as well but because they owe money financially they don’t have any voting right,” Brent Read revealed on Sydney’s Triple M Rush Hour.

“They will now make a decision on the coach and they will make it next week.”
    Listen to how it will work
    listen to ‘Tigers new board set-up’ on Audioboo

The Tigers have stated they would not make executive decisions until the new board was appointed, although during the season they have reportedly threatened to sack the coach and, as recently as today, told six players they were not required.
    Also See
    Six Wests Tigers Told They Can Leave

Half a dozen Wests Tigers players have been told that they can look around at other clubs for next season.

Read said the choice may have been made by the football department as they try and clear money for players in areas they need depth.

Coach Mick Potter’s future was reportedly determined by whether the Tigers made the finals. The club has lost its last six games and face wooden spooners Cronulla.

Matt Parish is believed to be the man to succeed Potter while assistant coaches Todd Payten and David Kidwell reportedly in contention.

• @Fordy20:

@happy tiger:

The only thing and name that has popped up regularly is Junior Pearce’s

Junior’s on the board of ARLC. Surely it would be a conflict of interest having a foot in both camps.

Yes realize he is on the ARLC board Fordy

Just relaying what I heard ,that’s all

Whether Junior could be classed as independent would come under question also ??

Recent Topics