Bryce Gibbs

• Just saw on TFS that he’s retiring this year. Apologies if there has been a thread on him earlier but gotta say well done to Bryce on a fantastic career.

IMO one of the most underrated players to play the game. He wasn’t the great tackle breaker in attack but he was our defense for a long time. His defensive technique was probably than most who play the game. A joker off the field but was pretty smart on the field esp later in his career.

I still think lock was his best position as he could play long minutes as well.

Good luck to him post Nrl.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• He retired last year but came back to help the sharks. True clubman.

• Another one off the payroll…Great news.

• ‘The minister for defense’ as Tim Sheens dubbed him. Bryce had surprising pace for a prop and pulled off some amazing cover defending tackles.

He scored a try in the 2005 Grand Final and, as far as I know, never scored another one. That has to be some kind of record.

Ironically, he goes out in the same year as his good friend Liam Fulton. I just wish he had gone out in Tigers colours.

Good luck for the future, Bryce.

• He scored a try for the Sharks last year

• When our defence was on Bryce was the reason

He led our line speed and just got better with age until the problems with his knees became too much

Still reckon if he stays on during the Warriors semi , we win the premiership in 2011

Our defence fell apart the minute he went off

• He was a solid player in his prime.

• Has he the brains to make a good defensive coach ??

• its a shame to see him go was one of my favs when he was with us, but its nice to see the the funny duo him and Liam go out in the same year. I think these two should go on tour and become stand up comics, would be good to see.

• If he had of come through the ranks at Manly or the Roosters he would have played a handful of origins. I still think it was a huge mistake moving him on. Our defence hasn’t been the same since he left.
    Thanks for the memories Bryce!

• @Fraze23:

If he had of come through the ranks at Manly or the Roosters he would have played a handful of origins. I still think it was a huge mistake moving him on. Our defence hasn’t been the same since he left.
    Thanks for the memories Bryce!

I loved Bryce as much as the next guy

But both he knees were shot and he was never the player at the Sharks he was at the Tigers

Sad to say we actually made the right call on that one

But we got it horribly wrong with the other person we offloaded with him

• ForumSupporter

@happy tiger:

Has he the brains to make a good defensive coach ??

No more ‘Jobs for the Boys’

Good Luck in retirement Gibbo…always a fan

• @Geo.:

@happy tiger:

Has he the brains to make a good defensive coach ??

No more ‘Jobs for the Boys’

Good Luck in retirement Gibbo…always a fan

It won’t be a Job for the Boys if he gets his full qualifications. He has experience and good technique but he needs to get full coaching quals and be able to communicate his knowledge to the players. Sometimes the hardest part.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Recent Topics