JV or Wests Tigers

• I personally don’t see our team, brand or identity as a JV of two parts

I just see us as Wests Tigers. That name for me doesn’t mean Balmain or Wests. In fact unless the paper brings it up the joint venture or a muppet administrator mentions it I don’t even think about it.

Do you personally see us as a JV? How do you see us?

Exclude what you read from the papers or board members.

• Wests Tigers is Wests Tigers. That is the team I support. I remember when my son was four. He was really keen to see his first Pterodactyl. He was a bit upset when I told him they aren’t around anymore, but he got over it.

• You need to get him to a Tigers home game. There’s still plenty in the Philps Balmain jersey or Victa Wests jersey who seem not to have noticed that the clock’s turned and its NOW, I won’t call them dinosaurs, though.

• I see it as both
    having been involved in one of our junior leagues for over a decade, and seeing players from that one half now repping Wests Tigers, I see it as two roads merging into one eventually

• I still have my Philips jersey. It’s tucked away in the bottom drawer with letters peeling off. Got it for my 21st which was 24 years ago. Every now and then I try it on, but unfortunately once I’ve squeezed myself into it, it’s a struggle to get out.

• From a business perspective its a JV company

Football wise its one club joined by 2 x 1908 clubs.

Board seats and ownership relates to the business side.

Wests Tigers is the full trading name of the team.

Even if Ashfield takes full ownership in 2016, WT brand is here to stay at NRL level.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I’ve mentioned this on another thread but EVeRYONE needs to see the club as one team. The fact is both wests and balmain would be extinct now without the merger. We need an independent board with 1 member each from ball main and wests. Both need equal rights, leaving balms in out is petty and creates more division. Players from different backgrounds work together, why can’t a board?
    I also think we should play out of a neutral ground full time ( anz or Allianz). We should have 1 game a year at leichardt vs souths/ bulldogs and 1 at cambo vs manly/dragons. Heritage round, heritage jerseys, both old boys days to celebrate both clubs past. Other than that, neutral grounds and jerseys. It’s been 15 years now, it’s time everyone got on board.

• @Tigercrb:

I’ve mentioned this on another thread but EVeRYONE needs to see the club as one team. The fact is both wests and balmain would be extinct now without the merger. We need an independent board with 1 member each from ball main and wests. Both need equal rights, leaving balms in out is petty and creates more division. Players from different backgrounds work together, why can’t a board?
    I also think we should play out of a neutral ground full time ( anz or Allianz). We should have 1 game a year at leichardt vs souths/ bulldogs and 1 at cambo vs manly/dragons. Heritage round, heritage jerseys, both old boys days to celebrate both clubs past. Other than that, neutral grounds and jerseys. It’s been 15 years now, it’s time everyone got on board.

Mate

Everyone can see it as they see fit…dont jam your ideas down other peoples throats

• Why would balmain be extinct? They were the ones who put out their hands to western suburbs to form the jv .i see it as wests tigers ,I hate all the wests balmain bs .

• @innsaneink:

@Tigercrb:

I’ve mentioned this on another thread but EVeRYONE needs to see the club as one team. The fact is both wests and balmain would be extinct now without the merger. We need an independent board with 1 member each from ball main and wests. Both need equal rights, leaving balms in out is petty and creates more division. Players from different backgrounds work together, why can’t a board?

Mate

Everyone can see it as they see fit…dont jam your ideas down other peoples throats

How is he jamming his ideas down your throat. He is just giving his opinion….you know, the whole purpose of a forum?

• ForumSupporter

Ho hum 100% Wests Tigers…

• @Sabre:

@innsaneink:

@Tigercrb:

Mate

How is he jamming his ideas down your throat. He is just giving his opinion….you know, the whole purpose of a forum?

First sentence sums it up….’'everyone needs… 😒

• I don’t care who runs or owns Wests Tigers as long as we’ve got a stable and competitive team to support !
    I still think the magpie logo is to large 😆 !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• IMO

If Wests take over the running of the club than so be it.

However if Balmain don’t have a say in how the club is run than the ‘Tigers’ goes with them.

Its a very large part of what makes the Wests Tigers and it came from the Balmain Tigers!

Call me a dinosaur buts its a fact and should never be forgotten.

Let Wests see how they go without the ‘Tigers’. That brand comes with a cost and that cost is a say in how the clubs run!

• @Chunk:

IMO

If Wests take over the running of the club than so be it.

However if Balmain don’t have a say in how the club is run than the ‘Tigers’ goes with them.

Its a very large part of what makes the Wests Tigers and it came from the Balmain Tigers!

Call me a dinosaur buts its a fact and should never be forgotten.

Let Wests see how they go without the ‘Tigers’. That brand comes with a cost and that cost is a say in how the clubs run!

someone is in for a rude shock methinks.

Recent Topics