Potters ultimate integrity..

• I’m going to say this even if people want to bag me out….Mick Potter who is on the brink of destruction apparently after today’s game,was questioned at the press conference about the results during the year and said HE was disappointed at some of the results and never once did he blame the players,the injuries,the inhouse dramas or any other distraction…all he could do was praise the players and said how proud he was of them and their efforts under difficult times.when asked about his job,he said I go to my work and do what I have to until told otherwise…This man deserves a chance with this new board and a fully fit FIRST GRADE squad even for just a year…Mick is a class person and has quality about him,he can also coach given a reasonable chance. 😃 😃

• None of us really know what goes on behind the scenes but Mick has handled himself remarkably after all that’s gone on this season. And it has to be said if there was a better willing candidate within or outside the club then ok replace him, but I don’t think there is at the moment.

• he is a man of integrity. whether he stays or leaves, he’s made me a fan of his.

• Your opinion is a popular one. Most agree, some don’t but unfortunately, the minority seem to win out in the end at times.

• He’ll get his chance. If not here he’ll get an assistant role at another club and climb his way back to an NRL position and show his wares. I think he’s a good coach, but there’s just no salvaging the broken relationship between all the parties at the club now.

• I believe the players dislike Potters methods. I also believe that they didn’t compete to the best of their ability in the last 6-7 weeks so as to ensure their Coach’s tenure would end. That thought actually sickens me to my stomach but I believe it to be true. Potter may or may not be a good Coach but he has handled himself with a more class than Robbie and the players

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• He seems like a top guy with real qualities values. My problem is that I think his biggest strengths as a man might be some of his biggest definciencies as a coach. We need a coach with balls that dosent let the team or individuals dictate. We need a winner someone that dosent accept poor results. We are a club with 3 finals appearances in 15 years. We can’t afford another poor season. We need direction and a winning culture.

I feel sorry for such a nice guy but nice dosent get you to finals andwin premierships and that’s what the next coaches only priority should be.

• I agree with the general sentiment here.

I think Potter is a very decent bloke, he has handled himself very well under difficult circumstances. In fact I think he should have not have put his hand up for 2015 to show that he is above the rubbish that the Tigers board have dished up in the 2nd half of this season.

The problem though is as there has been so much rubbish amongst the admin/coaching situation and players….I think the only way to properly move forward is to have a new board, a new coach and shake up of the players attitude to have some chance of coming out in 2015 with a different culture in the club.

In that respect Potter will be made an unfortunate casualty but I think quite highly of him and hope the next club he goes to he goes on to really good things. It would not surprise me if one day the people who bagged Potter have to eat humble pie…but hey thats life.

Thanks for all your effort Mick Potter and I wish you well.

• nice guys come last

• Mick Potter is all class! If that is at odds with the players or admin, perhaps it is understandable.

• @AmericanHistoryX

Thanks for the input… 😮

• So what…He says the right things and his a nice bloke.
    Who cares… that doesn’t make him a good coach.

• Great bloke. Shit coach.

• @tiga4eva:

I believe the players dislike Potters methods. I also believe that they didn’t compete to the best of their ability in the last 6-7 weeks so as to ensure their Coach’s tenure would end. That thought actually sickens me to my stomach but I believe it to be true. Potter may or may not be a good Coach but he has handled himself with a more class than Robbie and the players

That’s a pretty damning accusation based on a gut feel ……

• Hey Irvine,doesn’t make him a bad one either 😃

Recent Topics